~Chapter Five~

The ride to the forest would be awhile but you decided to go stand on the deck. Sure, it was cold but it never affected you for some reason. You could never..freeze like other people could. You still put on a jacket, and lean against the edge of the deck, looking at the clouds. You'd never been up this high before. It felt amazing up here. You felt the cool winter breeze as the bounty went through the clouds.

You close your eyes and smile, this was probably the best experience you've ever had. "Greetings Kirstin." You heard Zane coming onto the deck. You turn around and smile at him as he came over to you. "Hi Zane." He leans against the edge. "Shouldn't you be inside with everyone else? It's quite cold out here." You can't help but, blush at his concern for you. "The cold never really affected me. I just wanted some fresh air but thanks for asking."

There was a silence between you both but you really wanted to know more about Zane. You were still shy when it came to a regular conversation with him. When it came to research, you felt understood, and you felt comfortable to just be 'nerdy' around him. "Kirstin, if it is not too much to ask.." Zane starts and you look at him. "Yes?" "I-i would like to..get to know you more. We seem to be A-alike in some ways."

Your eyes widen, "Alike how?" "We seem to have the same-" "Extensive knowledge??" "...yes, something like that." You think for a moment before nodding and telling him about yourself. While talking, you couldn't help the look of interest on Zane's face. When you finished, "I have never seen anyone so mesmerized by my backstory." "Is that...wrong?" Zane asks now getting confused.

"Oh no, not at all. It's just I'm a very prosaic person. At least...that's how everyone views me as." "Oh no, you're not that at all. Everyone thinks I'm more...stoical. I understand where you're coming from with that." You smile knowing he's the second person on this ship who was a misfit like you. "Well...I on the other hand, am very enthralled by you. I've been wanting to ask...how exactly do you um...work? Like, where do you come from? Who made you and why?"

Zane actually chuckled at how many questions you were asking him. "I'm from birchwood forest, my father, Doctor Julian Roberts, created me to protect others who cannot protect themselves. And as for how do I work? That is a very complicated answer. It's actually hard to explain and even I, am not sure what powers me." You smile at him, "Well, being a major in engineering, I'm sure I can figure out what makes your gears work!" "That'd be nice, i would like to understand more."

You smile and nod. But then at that moment you felt a...tingling inside of you. You weren't shaking, it wasn't twitching nor a seizure. It was like, vibrations through your body. It was a weird sensation and you didn't understand why all of a sudden you were feeling it. You then felt it go away. What was that? "Ohhh I don't want a lot for Christmas!! There is just one thing I neeeeddd! And I don't care about the presents UNderNEATH the Christmas treeeee!! Cause I just want you for my owwwnnn MORE than you could ever knooowww!!  Make my wish come trRRRRuuuuuUuuEEEee! All I want for christmaaasss is yoouuuuuu!!!!! Shoutout to the lovebirds on deck!" Jay sings terribly from over the speakers.
(A/n: Song at top if you want lol xD)

Zane gets confused but you immediately blush. In fact, why were you blushing?!! "Haha just wanted to let everyone know, we're directly above the forest! We should start planning NOW people!" He says. "Odd...but I presume we should continue this conversation for another time." Zane says and you nod still blushing and speechless. You quickly go ahead of Zane back to the bridge.

When you all were in the bridge, planning began. "Keep in mind, they are not from here. Their way of fighting will be different from ours. Stay alert and stay sharp." Sensei Wu reminds you all. "We will Sensei. Alright so, according to the map, that's where there are and this is where we are! We can't let them know we're here." Cole says and you all nod.