~Chapter Seven~

"Okay, thank you Mr. Borg! Goodbye." you said as you finished getting off the phone with your boss. You sent him a sample of the energy source inside one of the guns, to get tested. He figured out what it was and told you about it, it was just a matter of telling the other ninja.

You called them all to the bridge for a meeting. "Boys i just got the results back from Cyrus and he found out what the energy in these guns are." you say with excitement.

"Well what is it?" Cole says and you pull up a picture of it on the screen. "Zero Point Energy. Also known as the Quantum Vacuum. It is the lowest possible energy that a quantum mechanical physical system may have; it is the energy of its ground state!" You explain.

"She's gonna go on isn't she.." You heard Kai whisper but you went on and ignored it. "Vacuum energy is the zero-point energy of all the fields in space, which in the Standard Model includes the electromagnetic field, other gauge fields, fermionic fields, and the Higgs field. It is the energy of the vacuum, which in quantum field theory is defined not as empty space but as the ground state of the fields." "Out of all that I only understood, Energy, Vacuum, and fields." Cole whispered to the others.

"Are you guys getting me so far?" You ask. "Most definitely!" Zane says with a smile and the other ninja give you a nervous smile.

"Well good! So, for example, liquid helium does not freeze under atmospheric pressure at any temperature because of its zero-point energy!" "Yeah not following that example." You heard Jay whisper but you continue on for a finish.

"In brief, if the energy is 'really there', then it should exert a gravitational force. In general relativity, mass and energy are equivalent; both produce a gravitational field!" You finish with a wide smile while four of the ninja except Zane, had looks of confusion and boredom on their faces.

"Uh Zane, could ya put that in...our terms?" Lloyd asked him and you sighed and facepalmed. "Well, it is low energy that emits gravity. Vacuum energy is sort of the same thing but only in the fields of space." Zane explained. "Ohhhh!" They all say understanding it a bit more.

"So what exactly does that mean for the weapons?" Jay asks. "Well, If all of that is the case, then it should be able to create a field of quantum energy that inhibits the majority of a victim's body movement. The range of motion of the victim's face is taken to the minimum, meaning only their eyes can move, and the ability to speak is also inhibited." Zane explained and you nod in agreement.

"So that's why and how we froze with this!? What about the blaster?" Kai said. "It's just a blaster with Zero Point Energy. Most you'll get is stunned or knocked out. The beam on the other hand will stun the muscles in your body which can't make you move."

"We gotta be careful around this stuff then." Lloyd says and you all agree. Just then you all hear a dragon sound coming from the deck. "SENSEI'S BACK!!" the ninja exclaimed and ran to the deck. You follow after them.

Sensei Wu unsummoned his dragon and put two big boxes down on the deck floor. "What's in the boxes Sensei?" Jay asks. "I thought the bounty could use a little more, Christmas spirit." Wu says as he opens up both boxes filled with Christmas decorations.

The ninja cheer and begin looking through both boxes at the different decorations. You saw wreaths, garland, ornaments, christmas lights, snowflakes, candy canes, jingle bells, signs, stockings and- "I FOUND THE MISTLETOE!! YOU GUYS BETTER WATCH OUT! I'M PUTTING IT UP!" Jay says with joy and you all groan.