~Chapter Ten~

"There's no way! I don't even feel it!" You said touching at your skin. "Well it feels like metal to me! See!" Jay says and starts knocking on your leg. "That's impossible!! All I did was hit some bark from a tree!! How could I have metal in my leg!!" You said not believing it.

"Well it's in ya alright! See!" Jay says and takes your arm and slams it down on the table over and over again. "Jay that's enough! But he's not wrong for once Kirstin.." Zane says as Jay let's go of your arm. "FOR ONCE!?!" Jay says furrowing his brow at Zane.

You sighed and looked down at yourself. "Must I go to the hospital?" You ask them and they nod with frowns on their faces. You sigh and nod, "Alright but before you take me, my mother should know about this."

Zane and Jay took you back to your village to your house. You breathed in and out as you rang the doorbell. A couple rings and you could hear your dogs scratching on the other side of the door, barking.

The door finally opened and the smile on your mother's face changed into a worried expression when she saw you. "Oh Kirstin! What happened to you?! Come in! Come in!" She says and let's you three inside.

She gestures for you all to sit down on the couch in the living room and you three take a seat. "Explain if you all can, but what's going on?" She asks as she sits down on the love seat. You three took turns sharing the story as short as you three could and you saw a sign of relief on your mother's face to hear that you all won the fight.

"So...we found this shiny thing in her leg and Kirstin thought she tell you before we go and take her to the hospital." Jay finishes and you nod. Your mother nods and breathes in and out. "Thank you Jay and Zane for bringing my daughter here." She says and there were surprised looks on the boy's faces when they heard her say their names.

"I told her who you all were weeks ago." You whisper to them and they nod in realization. "Our pleasure Mrs. Brown, we care about Kirstin just as much as you do. Her safety is our concern as well." Zane tells her and you blush.

Your mother smiled and nodded at his response before she got serious and looked at you. "Kirstin, is there anything about yourself that you might have...questions about?" She asks you pretty mysteriously. Why was she asking such a question?

"Now mother?" you asked her and exchanged glances with Jay and Zane. "Alright, alone with me then. If you two don't mind." She says looking at the two and they get up. "Alright we'll be...somewhere but here!" Jay says and they both walk off somewhere in the house.

When they leave, your mother sits next to you on the couch. "Questions about myself mother?" You asked again and she nodded. "Why would you ask me that?" She frowns and sighs, "I'll...explain soon just...answer the question."

You sighed and hugged yourself, "I could come up with a million things...Like, why do I not get cold when I'm supposed to, why don't I understand jokes and puns like Jay does, why do I always feel a tingling sensation whenever I'm around Zane, how am I able to remember things from when father was still alive, why do I have a silver slit in me and...why am I such a...nerd. I'm, not the perfect daughter..I'm just-" you said as you put your head in your hands and cry.

Your mother embraces you and rubs your back, "Oh Kirsty, you're everything your father and I could ever want! You're perfect to us. Nothing's wrong with you. It's just you have a few...enhancements."

You immediately let go from the hug and looked at her with wide eyes. "Enhancements?? What are you trying to say to me?!" You said getting freaked out and confused. Jay and Zane hear you from the living room and decide to slowly enter back in.

Your mother sighed again but smiled this time. "Kirstin, what you're about to hear is a lot to take in. Are you ready?" She said. You brace yourself and nod. Your mother smiled then showed you a picture frame of Cyrus Borg, your mother, and a droid...that had similarities like your father.