Chapter Two

A.N. I'm so attached to this story, I'm sorry, guys. I've cast Max! He's Mitch Hewer, that gay boy from Skins, the first generation. What do you think? Anyway. Let's see what Ari's up to now...

Chapter Two:

I live for the applause, applause, applause! I live for the applause-plause, live for the applause-plause! Live for the way that you cheer and scream for me! Oh Gaga, you so get me. I do live for the applause, I'm so godly you see. But just listening to that song made me wild, ecstatic, and practically overwhelmed with joy, even though there was a reason to be upset.

"What's got your arse-hairs in a twist?" Vienna questioned teasingly, eyeing me with her dark blue eyes, dark and murky like the ocean, and just as deadly and unpredictable. Whipping her ebony black hair behind her shoulder in a certainly flamboyant fashion, she eyed me peculiarly. Too peculiarly. She notices something, I told myself. But no. I'm too godly to be read so easily.

"Nothing." Secrets and lies, they hold the world up. Don't deny it, never deny a godly person. Never.

"Shut up, there's always something wrong with you, like you have this constant twig stuck up your arse, like you have this... this need to always be neurotic and grumpy, and to always be right about everything. Tell me, now," she urged. Her dark blue eyes had a glimmer of concern, but only a glimmer. It was gone before I looked back up at her. There was something eerie about her today, and I didn't like it at all.

"He obviously has a secret," Max announced, sliding in beside the two of us as we strolled down the hall, his hands firmly on the straps of his backpack. All I could think was: thank fuck he didn't know.

But everyone, even Max, even YOU, loves gossip, don't you dare deny it! His earthy green eyes were just trembling with intrigue, bursting to the brim with interest. He was dying to know, but I wasn't so indulgent to tell.

I blushed. It was too obvious, wasn't it? Oh poo. No, I told myself. Act straight. Secrets need to stay secret. "I don't."

"He's obviously in denial," Max murmured to her, like I wasn't even there. They did that too often: speak about me in third person as if I wasn't standing right beside them, listening, my face clearly annoyed. It was creepy, like referring to myself in third person. Oh, how amazing Ari is. Oh, thank you Ari! Too kind, too kind!

"Clearly," she replied subtly. They both eyed me tediously, they could feel secrets. But I could feel theirs just as easily, we all had secrets. And I was the best at figuring everyone's out.

"I just had a bad day, I guess," I lied. Lies, lies, lies. All lies. The truth is worthless to me, completely. Rip it, strip it, bend it, and fuck it for all I care. The truth is nothing but trouble.

"You mean this morning when you disappeared in PE? What happened? Do tell, do tell," Vienna said genially, obviously wanting some kind of spiritual relief from her obsession with gossip. We British love to gossip.

"This stupid little cunt creeped up on me when I was leaving the swimming pool and we both ended up falling in. That's why I went home to change," I admitted. It was the truth, but that was only because I had nothing to hide with that situation. Nothing at all. Not a thing. Nope.

"Who was he? Was he fit? Oh, I crave the meat-stick right now. So much. Like, you don't even know how much I'm dying for it. I would literally bounce on... on you, or Max, or even a girl. I just need something to fuck. I just need something to sit there while I bounce up and down, I don't need much, just that, just the penis."

"I don't think we want to," Max chuckled. He had the sweetest smile.

"Saying no won't stop me, don't think I'm above molesting you!"