Chapter Twenty-Four

Chapter Twenty-Four:

"Gay!" she screamed. I cringed at the word, but (much like Demi Lovato) I just REALLY DON'T CARE.

"Excuse me?" I murmured, not entirely sure what this daft bitch was blabbing on about now. One minute, Mrs. Montrose was whining about the eyes of Dr. B.J. Fuckleburg and the next she's accusing the class of harbouring inner homosexual tendencies.

"I said gay," she repeated, her eyes flashing to each student, glaring at each individual with extreme loathing.

Mrs. Montrose was an old, tatty teacher with a wrinkled face and extremely saggy tits, but that wasn't the worst part of her. Ever since the beginning of the year, she's piled us with homework and whipped out detention slips to everyone but my serene self and Vienna, who bought her way through the course with slutty lesbian remarks and those darling blue eyes of hers.

Vienna was a siren, beautiful and enchanting and gorgeous and much more good looking than you and anyone you have ever known - no offence (so much offence). I'd convinced myself she was hitting on Mrs. Montrose, and I probably couldn't get farther towards the truth. I wouldn't dare suspect Vienna of actually doing anything with the sag bag, but I wouldn't put it past her either.

"You've finally decided to come out, Mrs. Montrose! Good for you!" Rajah Dajah (great name, I know) screamed out, clapping her hands with complete and utter precision. She was probably the one person in this class that I rivalled with for the best grade - of which I always won. #Duh.

"It's not that good for her husband, though," Vienna muttered, laughing at how witty she found herself.

"Miss Rajah Dajah!" (still can't get over that name) "I beg your pardon!" Mrs. Montrose squealed, glaring directly at the Indian foreign-exchange student.

I held back a laugh because I knew how genuine the remark was. Rajah was the most polite person I had ever met, and I doubted she even knew how to pronounce half the words in my dirty vocabulary. She must have actually believed Mrs. Montrose had just came out to us, because not only was she polite, but she was as gullible as those old people who still fall for email scams without actually knowing how to work emails.

"It is nothing to be ashamed of, Mrs. Montrose," Rajah continued, offering her a helping hand. She snatched it back, a face of complete repulsion, and returned to her ornate wooden desk sitting watchfully at the front of the classroom.

"I am not gay, Rajah Dajah!" (that name though) "I am happily married! What I meant was the possibility of homosexuality within The Great GAYtsby!" The class erupted. "GATSBY, I MEANT GATSBY!"

Her face looked so beyond disgust that I found myself hating her. My eyes flashed over to Rajah Dajah, to find she was looking straight back at me. She was a real beauty, pure and innocent with dark brown eyes and rippling black locks.

She was smiling at me, and it was a nice smile, it reminded me of some quote somewhere in The Great Gatsby where the MALE narrator refers to the MALE Gatsby as "gorgeous" and still claimed it wasn't a boyxboy love story.

"There is nothing wrong with being gay, Mrs. Montrose," Rajah continued.

"The word of the Holy Lord High in Peaceful and Serene Heaven So Delectably and Definitely Floating Above Us in the Soft and Mushy Clouds of the Real and Currently Existing Heaven that Does Exist and Definitely DOES EXIST because the Bible Says So begs to differ!"

"You bitch!" Vienna squealed, suddenly. I hadn't looked before, but her face was red in an angry rage. Her eyes were the most menacing things I had ever seen. They went beyond her usual anger, she was out for blood. "And who the fuck are you, to say shit like that?"