Chapter Sixteen

Chapter Sixteen:

"So, I think that might be a yes?" he asked, licking his lips straight afterwards. I wished I could do it for him, I was just dying to. I could hear the Norwegian in his voice and it sent me flying up into Cloud Nine. Jesus and Buddha were by my side, dancing to Lana Del Rey and just being godly. We were all godly, but I was obviously the most godly. Yes.

"Well, it's not a no," I teased. I wanted to kiss him so much when his face lit up. He flashed that extremely wide-faced grin where dimples protruded from the sides of his gorgeous mouth and you could see all of his pearly ivory teeth.

I was almost about to touch him as well, but I heard Vienna screaming from the den. She stormed into the room, her hair still fuzzy from sleep and her make-up smudged from whatever it was that she was doing last night (I'm betting it involved her vibrating best friend; she has a relationship with her dildo. No, really, she claims it's "better than a relationship because it doesn't want anything more than to pleasure you". Disgusting.)

"Why are you screaming?" I asked, turning from Sam to face her. She was a serious mess, even at the best of times. Oh, I'm so very terribly overwhelmingly extravagantly funny, aren't I? Thanks for agreeing!

"I just walked in on something I really wish I hadn't walked in on," she mumbled, her eyes stricken with horror. This was a girl that gets turned on by two guys tossing off, what would horrify her? I didn't even know that it was possible.

"What?" I asked, my face glowing with curiosity. I wanted to know, I was desperate to know. Any secrets that terrified Vienna must be worth some serious blackmail that I'd be happy to stuff in their postbox.

"I really don't think I want to say."

"Now you have to!" I objected, rushing over to her and grabbing both of her hands by the sleeves of her jumper. "Tell!" I insisted, jumping up and down giddily.

She looked like she was about to cry, it was kind of adorable in a way that I never thought Vienna could be. "I just saw..." I heard her gulp. "Benny."

My face dropped, I feigned shock. "No?! Benny! How awful for you!"

She gave me the most sickening look I had ever received. Being the snail that I am, it made me hide back away in my little shell, all warm and cosy and snug. "No. I went to see if I could catch Eva and Damen getting it on in their bedroom, but when I got there... Benny and Damen... oh god. Oh my fucking god. She's a slut! A home-wrecker! A slut that shags other people's boyfriends!" Vienna went from horror, to sadness, and then back to her regular self as she was screaming insults up the stairs.

"You mean.... Damen is cheating on Eva? And with Benny? The slut!" I royally proclaimed.

"If I were you, I'd keep Sam on a leash. Benny's got a reputation now, we have to expect the worst," she instructed.

"What a fucking slut! Oh my god, where even is Eva?"

Benny strolled into the room, her cherry red hair tied in her trademark pigtails at either side of her innocent little head. She looked so sweet, she reminded me so much of Ariana Grande, but she had a dark side. Not only was she mentally unstable, but she was a skank! She was wearing Damen's all-black sweater that was way too big for her as she came in, and she wore only that sweater.

"Hey," she mumbled.

"You really are mentally unstable!" Vienna screamed at her. "Damen? Really? He has a girlfriend! He has for fucking years! Eva, your fucking friend! Our friend! What game are you playing, Benny?"

She shrugged and swayed her body to the chirping of birds beyond the walls of the manor. Swinging her body onto the counter, she crossed her legs and stared over at us with big, beamy black eyes. "It's not even that big of a deal," she mumbled dryly.