Chapter Seven

Chapter Seven:

I woke up to the sound of locks being lazily unhinged. Annoying, metallic sounds that screamed in my sensitive morning ears. I felt my eyes flutter open, and my body completely stiff. The joints in my knees were on fire, my elbows were aching every time I tried to move my arms, and my back felt like I had a thousand knives stuck in it.

I couldn't believe I actually slept in a real closet, as opposed to the whole cliche "I've been sleeping in a closet all my life," business. But trust me, if you'd slept in an actual closet, you'd know it's by far worse than some cheesy metaphorical closet.

When I looked around, I could see sprinkles of light seeping through the door, and they blinded me at first. But when my vision adjusted, I looked for Sam. He was right behind me, sleeping. I felt his soft, warm arm placed delicately around my waist. He's hugging me. He looked so heavenly in his sleep.

Gently, I lifted his arm and placed it by his side, just before the door was whipped open and sunlight boomed in, blinding me again. I felt Sam strike up like lightning, and then in the sunlight that burst from Vienna's bedroom window, I saw her standing. She was a complete and utter bitch.

"Sorry, I forgot about you," was her simple reply. She forgot about us? She locked us in a closet, for fuck sake. It's not something you just forget.

"We were in there all night," I mumbled, trying to make an attempt at being angry, but I was still half asleep, and my joints were too sore and stiff for me to put energy into fighting with her.

"Well next time, follow the rules."

I couldn't believe the words coming from her mouth. She was standing there with her black hair frizzed and all over the place, her make-up smudged, and her bunny costume halfway down to her ankles. What happened last night?

"At least someone had fun," I said, eyeing her as I rubbed my eyes and slowly raised myself to the ground. I felt like my knees were about to break, I couldn't even stand straight. I tried stretching, but it made no use. First thing I'd be doing today was going to have to be a visit to Spiffings Spa for a massage. I'd ask for Katherine, she was my regular masseuse.

"You didn't have fun? You must have at least made up," she said, her voice brittle and raspy. "Or at least made out."

She was on a hangover, and she wasn't taking it well. I found it amusing. That would be my revenge. Love it, bitch.

She collapsed onto her bed when she said that. Her room was a mess, and I wasn't going to touch that bed. God knows what happened on it last night, but it looked like twelve people had an orgy, or like the human centipede had been trapped in here overnight. It was disgusting.

"We did," Sam said, his voice dry. Now that I think about it, my mouth was just as parched. I needed a good cuppa. "We made up, that is. Not the... not the other thing."

"So something good came out of it. Then, you're welcome." Everything out of her mouth was getting worse by the second. "Although, I still would have liked to see a little boy on boy. You know I just love boy on boy."

"No," I said acidly, helping Sam to his feet. He looked just as sore as me, and had to stretch a few times. I slapped the closet door shut behind him. If I could live my whole life without being in that closet again, it'd be just fine. "You look sore," I told him.

"I am. The closet murdered my back. And so do you, then again, mermaids aren't supposed to be out of water for this long," he said, smiling lazily. His hair was a little messy, but it was adorable. When he opened his chocolate brown eyes, I felt like I might die, watching him standing there, stretching and flexing his muscles.