Prologue

People say Love never dies.

It is taken as a symbol of God, which, when in its purest form, is connected deeply to the soul of one's beloved.

But, has anyone ever considered it from the point of view of a gift? or a curse for that matter?

Has anyone who's come across the path of love regretted taking it?

I'm the prime example of a person who came in direct contact with love when wasn't supposed to, and that changed the course of my life.

I was once optimistic. There was a time I saw mirages, had daydreams and thought about destinies far out of reach.

I once hoped love would make everything better; like some cure, it would make hate go away, and the world, the society, would be a better place to live in.

My hopes have been shattered, trodden upon by many narrow-minded ideologies, and strangled by the hands of those who call themselves my well-wishers.

My heart has been broken into a million pieces.  And, even if I try to mend it, tiny pieces will remain forever missing, not allowing my heart to completely heal.

Now, the only thing that keeps me going is her memory, and I keep doing things I wish others would have done for me.

I will take my life one day at a time and continue doing what I do; saving people from the curse and showing them the gift of God called love. Just for the words spoken by her the last time she was with me, just before she left me.

Those words work as a heartbeat in every second of my life; they work as the blood that flows in my veins, and the air I breathe.

I hate that love has made my life what it is today, and I love that hate is what I strive to diminish.

~*~