Chapter 19- Two Sides of the Same Coin

"I hope it's something important,"

Karma snapped at his man as he answered the call throwing a random girl off of him in the process, who was clinging to him like glue.

It was after midnight and he was one of those men who liked spending the night, in his own way, without any disturbances.

"Sir," the man spoke, "I think they are still within our limit."

"Well done, Chaudhary*," Karma retorted. Sarcasm was oozing off of him, as the frustration made its way and boiled his blood. He wanted nothing more, but to end this call and sleep.

"I already knew that. If they were outside of our limit, our policemen would've caught them," he spoke with arrogance.

He knew he owned every police officer. He paid them well to do their job honestly. And if someone denied, he coerced them to do exactly what he told them to.

"No, sir, remember? One of our men stays at the outskirts of a village. He informed us about meeting a boy named Aditya,"

"So? What's new?" he asked as he downed some liquid that was left from earlier, "It's not like there is only one guy named Aditya,"

He was now on the brink of killing his man in his imagination. He knew he couldn't do that in reality as they all were important, especially this man named Faizal.

"His personality matched with the same guy though," Faizal continued.

That caught his attention and he leaned forward, putting the glass of that same cheap alcohol he had just gulped on the nightstand beside him.

"And?"

"He couldn't tell much as he had moved from there after a few minutes. He doesn't know anything other than his name,"

"He moved? Just like that? Why the hell he didn't catch him if he had his suspicions?!" Karma roared into his phone making Faizal flinch. "It's not like we are playing cop and thief, are we? I want that girl and soon, no matter what the cost of it is!"

"Um...He didn't know about our hunt, until this evening. That place has a population of a few hundred; nobody saw him or the girl. Our men have been asking about them after he gave us the information," he replied hesitantly.

"This evening! This evening? And you are giving me this information now? How?!" He was furious, anger was making him see red. He clenched his jaw and tightened the hold around the sheets to control the urge to throw his phone off the wall.

"Sir, um... we were trying to find something in that area, but we came empty-handed. We didn't want to give you another disappointment,"

"Faizal, you are a stupid, illiterate, mindless man. You think you know everything, but don't try and outsmart me. Next time, you get any information, just give me a call that instant. I'll tell you what to do and what not to do. Understand?"

"Yes, sir," he replied

"Did you search that entire area?"

Now that alcohol had settled in, he felt at ease and asked his man in somewhat a normal voice.

"Yes, sir," Faizal replied confidently.

"And you found nothing?" Karma interrogated further.

"No, sir, we didn't. As I said, we even asked almost all the locals, they neither saw the girl nor the guy,"

"I see," he continued before hanging up, "And, what about Sandy who was off to check the highways. It's been two fucking days, and still, I don't have any information."