Savior

I sat at the edge of the bed, cradling my head in my palms, trembling from the anger I was in.

I sighed in frustration when a soft knock came from the door. I threw it open and glared at John who looked up and smiled sheepishly at me.

"You okay?"he asked, his voice timid and low with concern.

"No", I snapped, " No I'm not okay. I'm pissed. And you want to know why? Cause you guys literally dragged me out of my college campus. And why? Because of a slashed tire. For all you know, it could be a student pulling a prank on someone or a girlfriend getting her revenge", I went off on one and ranted.

"It could be a prank. It could also be a rogue. Just to be on the safer side, Bella", he tried to wind it down, reasoning with me. I huffed.

"Just this one time, I would let him get away with this. If there is a next time, he better be sleeping with one eye open", I glowered at him, shaking a threatening finger in the air.

He held his hands up in surrender, the corner of his mouth twitching as he tried to suppress his smile.

"If you are free, why don't you come with me and help me with some paperwork".

I wasn't going to not take on his offer. If I sat in this room for one more minute, I would probably snap.

I followed him downstairs, my eyes scanning for a certain arrogant someone who was nowhere in sight. John led me down a hall and into a room. A large mahogany desk took up most of the space but disappeared under an even more larger pile of papers.

He smiled sheepishly. "I got busy with the birthday party preparations", he said, getting a chair for me.

"What are these?", I asked, eyeing the papers.

"Request forms for joining the pack, resumes for pack guard posts, new trainees, you name it", he pushed a pile in front of me and said, "I just want you to go through this and make some notes. Is that okay?".

I nodded getting to work. We fell silent and he disappeared somewhere behind the mountain of papers. There were people listing for new positions in the pack, requesting to join the pack.

"Hey?", he looked up from his laptop, raising his brows in question, waiting for me to continue.

"People can just join your pack by filling out a form?"

"Yes. But not everyone gets accepted. People, even if they are werewolves, move for jobs and stuff all the time. If they are getting settled in the territory of another pack, it's just normal for them to affiliate themselves to that pack. For safety reasons, for jobs. They list their reasons, we do a background check and if they seem legit, they will become a pack member"

I nodded, deep in thoughts. I was still amazed that an entirely different system exists among us and they still manage to blend well with human society.

"Am I a part of your pack?", I blurted out. He smiled at me, his eyes soft.

"Yeah. Not officially yet but yes. You have been, ever since you walked into this house two weeks ago". I smiled back. He went back to his work and I to mine and soon, it was evening and I was craving for some snacks.