After Me

Thank you @ohheyitsyasmine for this fantastic cover!! Well, Dylan is her cast. As always, I don't have any cast. Choose your dream boys and girls :P

Enjoy reading :)

************
I woke up to an empty bed. Yesterday was an absolute nightmare. After my whole rollercoaster thought process in the hallway, I came back to his room and changed the blood- stained sheets.

I made us some decent sandwich. Making him eat was a whole nother story but he complied eventually. Dinner that night was a silent one and I slept in his room, worried that he might need something in the middle of the night, about which he didn’t complain.

I was awake for the whole night and the early hours of morning, watching him breathe.

I went back to my room to take a quick shower. There was no trace of him when I went downstairs.

I wandered into the kitchen and  found a handwritten note on the fridge.

“I'll be back soon. Don't wander outside. Don't let Eric in. I will be back soon. Stay safe -R”

I heard footsteps coming down the hallway and my hands gripped a frying pan in a reflex, full on alert and sighed in relief when Ryan turned around the corner.

He eyed the pan and raised his eyebrow.

"Where were you?”, I put the pan aside and crossed my arms, leaning against the counter.

"Out", he laughed sheepishly when I continued to glare at him. All the anger from yesterday came rushing back but the question of ‘what could have been’ outweighed the anger and I fought back my tears.

“How are you?”, I swallowed the lump that had formed in my throat and asked him.

“I’m fine”, the consolatory smile he gave me didn’t quite reach his eyes. There was a brief moment of silence .

“Why did you run off?”, my voice came out as a whisper.

“Ryan”, I called him when he stood continuing to glare at the floor avoiding my gaze.

When he looked up, I was taken aback by the sheer amount of emotions in his eyes. I was used to him being coy and funny around me and too see him like that, it took me by surprise.

I crossed the space between us and stood in front of him. He looked tired, weary with all the exhaustion he was through. He closed and inhaled sharply when I reached out and cupped his face.

"I won’t let anyone hurt you, Bella. The day they lay their hands on you will be their last day on this earth. I can’t lose you too”, he whispered, leaning into my hand.

His strong arms snaked around me in a hug that told everything that I was- body, soul and heart -that he was with me. It was as if hugging me wasn’t enough. I sunk into his warmth, my stomach fluttering despite the previous heaviness.

I pulled back a little but he led me within his arms. I wanted to take away his pain and tell him that he should let me in, that we both were in it together.

Moving my hand from waist to his neck, I pulled him closer and did the only thing I could think of at that moment to convey  everything single thing I wanted to tell him. I kissed him. 

Unlike last time, I didn't blame myself for being out of senses. I wasn't confused. I wasn't shocked. I wasn't embarrassed. For the first time with Ryan, I wanted this kiss. I initiated it and I wouldn't regret it.

I felt him relax under my touch and lean in, pulling me closer. It felt natural between us. Touching him, standing in his embrace felt like missing pieces falling back into its place. All of my senses were in high alert, breathing, seeing and feeling him in their own sensual way.

I felt raw emotions seeping through his hands from just in the way his fingers curled in my hair. We snuck small glances at each other every time we came up for air.

His touch on me was a possessive one. A Promising and assuring one. When we finally pulled away, he rested his forehead against mine and I could feel his nose brushing against mine, his warm breath on my lips.

We stood there, silently basking in each other’s warmth, savoring the moment.
-
I was pretty sure that he and Alice were hiding something from me, something important and I know I wouldn’t get it Ryan.

I sat on the living room couch, feet curled up, waiting for her to pick up.

  "Hey, Bella. Is everything alright", her worried voice came through the phone.

“Yes. Everything’s fine. I got to ask you something"

   "What is it?", her voice guarded, already guessing what I was going to ask.

"You promised me to tell you something yesterday night. What is it?"

“I don’t think it is a good idea, Bella”, she pleaded.

“Tell me. You guys always keep in the dark and expect me to be safe.  How am I supposed to protect myself when I have no clue what I should be protecting myself from”, I went off.

Back at the pack house, I could understand why she didn’t tell me. We were in the middle of chaos. But refusing to tell me anything about a situation and reasoning it with my safety pissed me off.

Her end of the line was silent,  but she was there, I could hear her breathing. I was about to give up and disconnect the call, I heard her sigh in defeat.

"The rogues, Bella. They were after you"

************

   Thank you guys for such a great support. Luv u all, a lot.

With loves and kisses.....

Nisha Amol  >_<

Muah!!!