This Is Us

Beautiful Cover and banner by SummerKathrynEyres She is really talented guys. For quick and beautiful covers contact her :)

*********
It was a pleasant Sunday morning. The slight flutter of the curtains against the cold morning breeze that flew directly from the woods filled the room with its fresh fragrance.

It was just the crack of the dawn and I was up for an hour now. I felt him first before he draped his hand over my stomach and scooted closer to me.

He laid behind me, holding me close. I rested my head on his one arm, his chest pressed against my back, while his other hand rubbed circles on my arm.

“What are you thinking about?”, he murmured in his raspy sleepy voice.

I half turned to look at him, “How did you know I was thinking?”.

“You were doing the eyebrow scrunch, staring into the distance thingy”. I chuckled.

“I was thinking about what would have happened if I didn’t show up at Alice’s party that night”.

“I would have found you in some other way”

“How?”. He hummed against my bare shoulder, his hands mindlessly roaming over my skin.

“I don’t know. But my most probable guess would be Nora doesn’t shy away and gets my number and she takes me home to meet you and I find out”

“That would have been one hell of an awkward situation”, I laughed, “Don’t tell her I told you about that. She would kill me”. He chuckled, his bare chest vibrating against me. We fell silent and I relaxed against him, soaking it up.

“I can’t believe it’s been two years already and she’s pregnant with a baby boy”, I whispered, not wanting to stir the comfortable silence. “And I can’t believe you shoved me back the first time I saw you”.

“Yeah well, you tried to kiss me within the first five seconds and I didn’t even know your name at that point. It was either that or slap you, but I didn’t want to cut my hand slapping that cheekbone of yours”, he chuckled, his chest vibrating against my back.

“I’ve got something for you”, I felt him smile against my skin and kiss my shoulder so softly it tickled.

I half turned and raised an eyebrow as his grip loosened, “Anniversary gift?”

“Something of that sort”. He reached back to his side night stand while I laid there, facing away from him, playing with his fingers.

“I was going to wait until tonight’s party but this feels like the right moment”, he took a shaky breath behind me, his body tensing suddenly.

I was about to turn around to look at him when he brought his hand up and placed a black velvet box on the bed in front of me.

“I’m not the English major here so bear with me if I don’t get the words right”, I knew he could feel my heart racing at hundred miles per hour but I  tried to hide it with a faint chuckle.

He kissed my neck, his voice rumbling through my body, “We didn’t have the mate pull others had. Although you had me from  the first second, what we have now is solely because we liked each other, made an attempt to know each other and fell in love with each other”, he took a deep breath and flipped the box open, a sleek gold band with a solitaire diamond in the center sat inside the box, “You are my dreams come true, Bella. Will you marry me?”.

There was no audience, no fancy settings. Just us. In each other's arms, half asleep and half awake, in a state of bliss where we could live forever. It was perfect for me.