Part 6

a few days later

King's pov

over the next few days i was really busy setting up my new tattoo shop

so busy that i barely had time for my kids so today i took them with me to see the shop.

"wow! its like a castle daddy" micah said in amazement.

i chuckle and ruffle his curls." thanks buddy im glad you like it" i said.

" i cant believe it you really did get your own shop" a voice said. i turned toward the voice and was shocked to see uncle robert.

"what are you doing here?" i asked.

"well i heard about your new shop from your dad so i decided to come visit and i have to admit its impressive" he said looking around.

before i could answer micah cut me off. "grandpa ive missed you" he said happily.

he made a move to run towards him but i stopped him. he looked at me in confusion." daddy i wanna say hi to grandpa " he whined.

i shook my head and grabbed his hand." no... thats not your grandfather
understand? i dont want you talking to him micah " i said sternly.

he looked at me with hurt and confusion in his eyes. "but daddy hes grandpa robert" bradley said.

"bradley what did i just say! hes not your grandpa only grandpa tracey is" i said loudly.

she poked her lip out and looked at the ground. " king your being ridiculous. you shouldnt be talking to them like that. their just kids " robert said.

i scoffed and rolled my eyes."dont tell me what to do with my kids. i know whats best for them and whats best is staying away from u and your messed up family" i sneered.

"messed up family? king i basically raised you" robert said in a hurt tone.

i kinda felt guilty after he said that. but i refuse to let him know that." yeah i know and ill always be grateful for that but lets not forget the only reason you raised me was because your demon of a sister was an unfit parent" i said.

"look king i know my sister damaged you deeply and all i wanted was to somehow fix that. your mother wants to build a relatuonship with you " he said.

"i could never build a relationship with anyone who doesnt accept my kids. especially not with that woman, you expect me to allow someone who abused me around my kids. its not happening" i said.

apart of me knew i probably shouldnt be saying all this in front of the kids but i couldnt stop myself.

"look you need to leave right now. i have my real father now so i dont need you" i said.

i could tell my words hurt him. "yeah a father thats just now coming into your life. ive been here every step of the way for you" he said.

i chuckle." yeah but whose fault is that. it all goes back to my mother, shes the reason i didnt have my dad in my life. so dont sit here and preach to me about my father being absent" i said.