Part 9

Night before the trip

Angel's pov

after a trying few days it was finally the night before my big trip with odell

after a trying few days it was finally the night before my big trip with odell. to say i was excited was an understatement.

"babe im going to pick up micah ill be right back" i called out. a few seconds later odell appeared.

" lets go together its been awhile since ive seen micah. and i wanna be there when you tell him about our trip " he said.

my first instinct was to say no because i knew that king and odell hated each other and i didnt need the drama.

" its ok babe... im going to king's house to pick him up and i dont need you two getting into a fight" i told him.

" one of these days king is gonna have to deal with the fact that im in you and micah's life and im not going anywhere" odell said.

i sigh. " ok... come on"

........................................

as i stood outside king's door i felt uneasy about this whole thing. a few seconds later the door swung open revealing king.

"what is he doing here?" king said gesturing to odell.

before i could answer odell cut me off." im accompanying my girl. is that a problem?" he said.

king smirked." your pathetic i hope you know that but im not even gonna feed into your bullshit. i dont need micah seeing anymore drama" king said.

" look at you being a responsible parent" odell said sarcastically.

" odell stop it" i said sternly.

not waiting for a response i turn my attention back to king. " can you please go get my son" i said.

king nodded." stay right here and ill go get him" he said turning away.

" i cant come in?" i asked in disbelief.

"after that little stunt you pulled the last time i dont think thats a good idea" king said.

it got extremely quiet after that." what are you talking about?" odell said breaking the silence.

instead of answering king shook his head and walked into the house. thanks alot king.

"angel what was king talking about? what happened the last time you were here " odell questioned.

"nothing babe. hes just trying to get under your skin " i lied.

before anything else could be said king reappeared empty handed." yeah micah's sleeping and i dont want to wake him he didnt take a nap today. so just pick him up tomorrow " he said.

" thats not gonna work we have a early flight to catch" odell chimed in.

"wait what? a flight to where? " king questioned.

" not that its any of your business but a flight to hawaii and i dont wanna miss it " odell informed.

shit. if looks could kill i would be dead right now." angel me and you already had this discussion. your not taking my kid anywhere with this asshole" king sneered.

" and who the hell are you to determine what angel does with her kid" odell said.

"his fucking father!" king yelled.

this conversation was quickly getting out of hand and i knew i had to do something to diffuse it.

"its fine Odell , ill just leave micah with his dad and we can go on the trip" i said.

"why are you always so quick to bend to his rules " odell said clearly frustrated.

" shes not bending to anything its called co parenting you dumb ass" king said.

"both of you just stop before your yelling wakes up micah" i said.

king shakes his head." whatever. like i said my son is staying here with me. your free to take my left overs anywhere you want" he said harshly.

i flinch at his words. for some reason his words make me wanna cry." you dont deserve a woman like angel. im so glad shes mine so i can show her how a real man is suppose to treat a woman" odell said.

"how many times do i have to tell you. no matter what you do in the end angel will always come back to me. because thats the type of person she is. she'll make you feel all special and then dump you leaving you with a broken heart" king said.

i wanted nothing more than to slap the shit out of king here and now but i held my composure. " your sadly mistaken if you think that about her. i know angel loves me just like i love her" odell said in confidence.

"whatever you say" king mumbled.

" can i go see my son. i want to see him before i leave" i said quietly.

king stepped to the side. i told odell i would be right back and went inside.

...........................

as i stared at micah sleeping i felt at peace. despite all the bullshit between me and king i will never regret having my son.

" i cant believe you picked that guy over me" king said. i turned to look at him and saw hurt in his eyes.

" yeah well you have holly to make you feel all better right? " i spat.

"its only sex between us nothing more. its not like im carrying on a relationship with this person" he said.

"why do you always do that? "

"do what?" king asked.

"try to make me feel guilty for being with someone else" i said.

"because angel me and you both know deep down we'll always find our way back to each other no matter what. you can date a thousand guys but they'll never be me" he said moving closer.

"king why cant you accept that im happy without you" i said tearfully.

"because if your not happy with me i dont want you happy at all" he said bluntly.

king cupped my face." i will never love anyone like i love you" he whispered.

"our love is dysfunctional " i stated.

king smirked " yeah but its still love" he said.

i smile and look away." i have to go" i say.

king rolled his eyes as he let me go." fine but as soon as you get back i think we should go to couples counseling" he said.

"but we're not even together "

"doesnt matter. i think we could both benefit from it. we have alot of shit in our relationship that we need to work out" he said.

well therapy did seem to help king before. maybe it wouldn't hurt to do one session.

"okay ill try one session " i said.

"i appreciate the effort. you should probably get going before your boyfriend tries to fight me" king said with a smirk.

i roll my eyes." whatever just make sure you take care of my baby. if you need more of his clothes or anything just go to my house and get it you got the spare key" i told him.

"will do... have fun on your trip" king said.

"thanks... i will"

vote and comment