Part 21

Angel's pov

"micah dont touch the bird

"micah dont touch the bird. you can look at it but dont touch" i said to my son.

"ok mommy" he said admiring the bird.

me and king had taken the kids to the zoo and so far they seem to be enjoying themselves. well micah did anyway, armani was in the stroller looking around at everything.

"can we see the tigers now? " micah asked.

" sure buddy we just have to look at the map to see where they are" king said.

after walking around for awhile we managed to see the dolphins, lions , tigers, bears and lizards before it was time to get some lunch.

"micah you want chicken nuggets?" king asked. i was sitting down with the kids while king went to place our orders.

"yes! with ketchup" he said happily. i laugh, my son is so cute.

.......................................

King's pov

angel's idea really worked out

angel's idea really worked out. the kids loved the zoo, it gave us all a chance to bond.

"their really knocked out" angel said.

"yeah im glad micah had fun today

"yeah im glad micah had fun today. its been so long since ive seen him this happy" i say.

angel frowns." i know, micahs been caught up in all our drama. no child should be exposed to all that " she says.

"yeah micah's been through alot with us but thats why we have to make it up to him. give him the childhood that he deserves " i say.

" i just hope its enough" angel said.

i grab her hand." it will be angel. were in this together. arent we a team? " i say.

she giggles and nods her head." yes were a team"

.........................................

"i didnt get a chance to tell you this but i love your new house" angel said.

i chuckle." yeah me too. more space for the kids and stuff" i say.

"what about me?" she says teasingly.

i walk over and grab her waist." you know your more than welcome to come live with me" i say.

"not yet, we gotta take our time remember" she says.

i groan." does that mean no sex?" i ask. angel hits me lightly and gives me a glare.

"im just playing geez" i said.

suddenly there was a knock at the door. i told angel to check on the kids while i get the door.

........................................

"what the hell are you doing here! " i yell. standing before me was none other than my mother and uncle robert.

"its nice to see you too" robert said sarcastically.

"how did you find my address" i say.

"thats not important. look king i think its time we all sat down and got everything out in the open " he said.

i was really starting to think the universe was working against me."king whose at the door?" angel said appearing with micah in her arms.

"hi grandpa" micah said sleepily.

"hey buddy " robert said happily taking a step forward.

"if you want to keep all your teeth i would advise you to step away from my son" i said in threatening tone.

"king please calm down" angel said worriedly

i looked into her eyes and saw worry and fear. i take a deep breath as i try to control my rage. me and angel talked about being better in front of our son.

"i want you two off my property before i have you arrested for trespassing" i said calmly.

"king i know you hate me and you have every right but i want to make things better. i want to make it up to you" my mother said.

"even if i could get past all the hate i have for you it wont change a thing. we'll never have that close bond and your just gonna have to accept that" i said.

"at least let me be in my grandkids life" she said desperately.

before i could reject her angel spoke up." maybe you can do a family trip with us. just as a test run, to see how you are with micah" she said.

all of us looked at her like she was crazy.

" angel are you crazy?! we cant trust this woman around our son. and besides we dont have any family trips planned" i said.

" im sure tracey can put one together "she said.

"my father would never allow it" i said.

"he will if i have grace on my side" she said.

"angel this is ridiculous. im not allowing this end of story " i said.

.......................................

Angel's pov

the next day

"this is bullshit" tracey and king said.

"oh hush. your both acting like your micah's age" grace said.

i smile as king and tracey began to pout. " so its decided. we're going on a family cruise" i said.

"yup and since tracey owns alot of cruises we'll have the entire boat to ourselves " grace added.

"lovely" king said dryly.

i knew king thought this was a bad idea, but i think this is exactly what we all need to get back on track.

vote and comment