Her Words Destroyed My Planet

Author's note: So, technically this is the last chapter :( However there will be an Epilogue that i will put up in the next few days and that should be considered the last chapter.

So, The penultimate chapter! Here we go...

**Disclaimer** (I should have put this on the last chapter too, oops) I have no medical knowledge, all medical info and jargon i have tried to research but if you realise something doesn't make sense please let me know and i will alter it :)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The alarm continued to blare out around them. Lauren's blood ran cold as she watched Sinu steer a terrified looking Sofi away from the door and down the hall.

'What happened?' Lauren asked Alejandro, he looked the definition of shell-shocked, pale and wide eyed.

'I-I'm not sure, we were sleeping. The alarm just started going off, I don't know, I...I..'

'It'll be okay Mr Cabello.' Alex rested a reassuring hand on his shoulder just as the alarm cut off.

The abrupt silence was almost as startling as the alarm itself. Lauren could hear her own heartbeat pounding in her ears as the noise halted, before she could contemplate the implications of the alarm ceasing the door to Camila's room opened and her doctor stepped out.

'Okay, sorry about that it was just a false alarm.'

'Thank god.' Alejandro cried, 'She's okay?'

The doctor nodded, he was young and had floppy hair and too may pens in his lab coat but he was good at his job and always spoke to them like they were real people not just annoying extensions to his patient. 'She's not having a cardiac arrest.' He confirmed.

Lauren clutched at her chest; her pulse was still racing from the fright. 'Oh my God, I think I might be. Why the hell did the alarm go off then?'

The doctor smiled a little at Lauren's melodrama, 'Looks like Camila pulled her heart rate monitor off.' He clapped Alejandro on the arm. 'Your daughter is waking up, Mr Cabello.'

Alejandro's eyes widened the same time Lauren's did.

'You're sure?' Alejandro asked the doctor, his eyes glassy with hope and unshed tears.

'Yes, it is early stages but she is showing definite signs of emerging from her coma.'

'I need to find my wife, excuse me.' Alejandro walked quickly down the hallway in search of his family.

Lauren could not believe her ears. Two minutes ago she thought Camila might've died now she was being told she was waking up. Her mind was reeling but relief was spreading through her like an electric current, invigorating every cell in her body with renewed faith.

'So, she's awake now?' Alex asked the doctor.

'No, she isn't conscious currently. She's in the process of waking up, it can be a very a slow process and might be quite confusing for Camila. Patients can become very agitated during the emerging stages, it's likely she started to wake up and pulled at her wires. It's quite common.'

'That's good though right, that she is moving around?' Lauren remembered hearing that movement was a good sign.

He smiled again, 'It's a very good sign.'

================================================================================