Leaving the Nest

Seth

Right now, I'm stressed. Well not stressed, but very worried. And stressed.

"Seth, stop pacing around and sit down." Aaron sighed and pulled me by the arm, dragging me to sit down next to him.

"I can't help it! I'm worried!" I cried.

"You're worrying to much Dad." Leo; my second eldest son commented.

"I agree, Papa's not even breaking a sweat about this." Calvin; my youngest son added.

"No, trust me. Your Papa is as worried as I am, or even worse." I pointed out. "He just doesn't show it."

You see, the reason why Aaron and I are worried is because our eldest son; Hugo is bringing home a lover today! My baby boy is finally finding someone, my baby boy is not my baby boy anymore! I want to cry...

"What if the person only likes Hugo because of the money?!" I cried again and began pacing around again.

"Yes, yes. You're rich. We get it." Leo sighed as he continued to flip through his magazine.

"That's wasn't the point!"

Hugo has never brought anyone home before, well not someone he was in a romantic relationship with. He never even talked this person before, so when he told us two days ago that he would bring home his lover, I thought he was joking.

Hugo is already in his early twenties now and attending college; it felt like it was just yesterday that Aaron and I adopted him. He was such a shy little child, but as he grew up; his personality also grew and is now very out-going.

"What if the person only likes Hugo because they want to get close to Aaron?" I exclaimed again.

"Who would want to get close to Hugo just for some old man?" Leo commented.

"Are you sure you two aren't just worried because it just shows that the both of you are getting old?" Calvin added.

"We're not old!" I gasped. "We're only in our late forties! And your Papa is still a famous model don't forget!"

"Ugh! When is he coming?! I'm starting to get hungry!" Calvin whined as he laid across the sofa; holding his stomach.

"We ate like two hours ago." Aaron pointed out.

"Yeah! Two whole hours ago! Papa, cook me something please!" Calvin continued to whine.

"No can do. We'll eat when Hugo arrives." Aaron declined his request.

"Hugo just texted me that they'll be coming up the driveway in ten." Leo informed us.

"YES FOOD!" Calvin cheered.

"You need to watch your diet." I scold him.

"That's mean! I exercise all the time and not to mention your son, me; is the captain of the baseball team." He huffed and folded his arms.

"Aaron do I look okay?" I asked him as I ran my hand through my hair.

"Dad, you do know that it's Hugothat's bringing the lover home, not you right?" Leo chuckled.

"I just want to make sure I look presentable and don't embarrass Hugo."

"You look as beautiful as you were in high school." Aaron blurted out suddenly; making my cheeks grow red.

"Oh. Please don't." Calvin groaned.

We heard Hugo's car pulling up the driveway and I quietly sat beside Aaron once again, then a few minutes later the car engine went off and key began to rattle.