Tommie's Diary Entry 1

26/04/2004

Well it's my first day at the Pure Hearts house. I didn't know Zoe had powers and I've known her for almost two years. Her two sisters Angela and Lizzy seem nice, Zoe's the middle child. All three of them have powers. Zoe controls water, Lizzy can run at super speed and the oldest Angela is a telepath and a telekinetic, meaning she could read minds and move objects with her mind which is pretty cool. I don't know if I'm going to fit in here. I mean Zoe likes me and I like her. She's one of my best friends. She's nice, funny, pretty, fun and she understands what I'm going through. She said that when she had powers she was terrified of what she could do, but she couldn't run away from it. It's with her forever, like a tattoo. I guess my powers are too.

Being able to control the wind kind of scares me a little. Angela says that if I could train and control my powers I could possibly help people and the team. I just got angry at a teacher for blaming me for something I didn't do. I don't usually act upon my anger but I couldn't stop it. The sky went grey and some leaves, pebbles and some Coca-Cola cans started to swirl around me lifting off the ground like a mini twister. I didn't know what was happening and I didn't know how to stop it. And out of nowhere Zoe and Lizzy came and calmed me down. Later that day Zoe and Angela came to my house and sat down with me and my parents to talk about me and my powers and the Pure Hearts house. My parents were unsure about it, understandable. I must admit I was feeling the same. Once we went to the Pure Hearts house and had a look around we all agreed that it'll be best if I stayed there. Of course I couldn't just abandon my family. We all saw each other on weekends and some week days depending on what we were doing. Angela made it clear that she must know where I am so if there's an emergency at the house or out in the field.

Angela is kind of the leader of the group Pure Hearts. She's only 18 but being the leader, she needed to be mature. Having the power to read minds, that would be difficult to control, having so many thoughts in your head, not just your own but everyone else's around her as well.

I've got my own practice room to help me control my powers. It's not fully set up yet but Zoe and I use hers. Tested out what we both can do. Which is good because it might help Angela figure out what I needed in my practice room. Straight after school, Angela put me and Zoe into Zoe's practice room, to test out how I could defend myself from other powers. Angela said that I needed to go all out on my powers. I didn't want to ruin Zoe's practice room or Zoe herself. Zoe said she'll do the same. When we stepped in the room, it was huge. All

green and sound proof. I only took one step then I saw a big wave coming at me so naturally I ran as fast as I could trying to dodge it. Angela said that was good, but Zoe just kept going, then I held out my hand and a big force shield surrounded me. It was like a small air type shield so Zoe kept trying to hurt me, I just kept forcing it with my aerokinesis. I could see Angela above looking excited. That broke the shield and I fell down, Zoe was still pushing her wave so I ran again and put up my shield as I ran. At one point I started to glow a blue aura, that's when Angela told us to stop. I wanted more, I was enjoying it to be honest. But Angela said I should leave it till tomorrow when I train with Lizzy to test my agility.

There were talk about new powered people coming to the house but Angela reckons that won't happen for a while. I'd like to see what powers they have and see how my powers would be up against theirs and how different they are to mine.

Well Angela keeps nagging me to go to bed so I'll write tomorrow.