01. keep my distance

*Not Edited*

*Not Edited*

THEN

Everyone watched with baited breath as they could see Barry climbing up a building from a distance, working his way towards the wormhole. Spencer grabbed ahold of Cisco's hand who was the closest one to her. He gave a tight squeeze as they continued watching Barry. All of their breaths simultaneously hitched as they watched him enter the vortex.

They all collectively seemed to realize that after this, nothing was going to be the same.

None of them knew, though, just how much this one day would impact the rest of their lives.

And not in a good a way.

Cisco had grabbed his cell phone from his pocket to communicate with the speedster. Blood curdling screams of fear could be heard from miles away, Spencer's stomach tightening as she watched Barry circle the dark hole.

"Brilliant," Professor Stein called out, "He's contained the Singularity by adding to its angular momentum!"

"Barry, it's stabilizing," Cisco shouted into the phone, "Keep doing what you're doing!"

"I'm not sure how much longer I can," Barry responded, his breath labored. When his friend didn't reply, he exclaimed again in panic, "Cisco!"

"Now what?" Spencer asked Stein anxiously.

"We have to merge the inner and outer event horizons," He told everyone, observing the swirling dark mass in the sky.

"How do we do that?" Ronnie questioned.

"By separating in the eye of it." Everyone stared back at the professor. "The amount of energy from the fissure should do the trick."

That's when the group turned to Ronnie who was already thinking through what Stein was insinuating- that Firestorm was the only way to help save the city.

"It's our only hope, Ronald," He spoke out to his other half.

The man began separating himself from his newly-named wife and Caitlin latched back onto him, "Ronnie, no! It's too dangerous. What if you can't escape the inrush?"

"Cait," He sighed, placing his hands on either sides of her face, "We have to try."

Ronnie pulled Caitlin in for a kiss, a goodbye that hurt everyone to witness. When they finally pulled apart, Ronnie took a few away from her before he was beside Spencer and Cisco. He shared a look with the man he considered a brother. Cisco nodded back, not needing words to understand what had to be said. Ronnie focused on the blonde who was barely keeping her emotions in check.

"Ronnie, I-" She began but he engulfed her a hug before she could reply.

"I love you, too, Spence," Ronnie whispered into her shoulder. He placed a light kiss to the side of her head before pulling away.