04. finding our way back

*Not Edited*

*Not Edited*

Spencer and Barry spent the remainder of their drive to STAR Labs in complete and utter silence. The blonde tried focusing all of her attention on the road so her mind wouldn't wander to Barry's admission and what exactly it meant. It hurt Barry that she had moved on? In all her attempts to be sure of her own sanity, she forgot that Barry's feelings for her were real too. And even if they weren't supposed to end up with one another, it didn't mean his emotions just turned off. He was healing just like she was. And she needed to remember to be more respectful of that.

When they arrived back at the labs, they found Caitlin, Cisco, Stein as well as Iris standing in the cortex.

"Yo," Cisco called out as they entered the room, "The sample you gave us?"

"Yeah?" Barry raised an eyebrow as they walked over to them.

"Not sand," Cisco informed them, "Definitely human cells."

"Yeah, I know," Barry sighed as he looked over the photos his friend projected to the monitor, "It's not him, I get it."

"I hate to say it, but I think this Earth-2 theory is starting to make sense," Cisco stated, crossing his arms.

"For real?" Barry questioned, tiredly.

"What, you think Jay is lying about the Sand Demon?" Iris asked him.

"I don't know. That's my point," Barry shook his head, "But I'm not gonna just believe some guy that walks in here and says a few things that sort of check out.

"Sort of? He was he was right about Zoom," Cisco pointed out.

"We don't even know anything about Zoom," Barry scoffed, "What is Zoom? Is Zoom even real? Right now, that's just, you know, a story around a campfire," He turned around to face Professor Stein at the monitors, "I mean, have you discovered a breach yet?"

"Not yet, but we know how to now," He admitted to Barry.

"Have you found one thing to suggest that Jay is a speedster?" Barry asked, turning to face Caitlin, "Is the Speed Force even in his system?"

The brunette bit her lip, "It doesn't appear to be, no."

"See? We are scientists," He gestured to Iris, "You are a journalist. We test, we prove, we report. That's what we do. Except right now, nobody here wants to do any of that except me."

Right about now would be the time Spencer would jump in and say something, try to calm him down, ease some sense into him or try to get everyone on the same page. Four pairs of eyes locked on her, expecting her to do just that. She met each gaze apologetically and gave them one brief shake of the head. She held her look with Iris, silently telling her friend it would be up to her.

Iris gave her a thin smile before glancing around at everyone else, "Can we have the room for a minute?"

Barry let out a nervous breath as everyone made their way for the exit of the cortex. He caught Spencer glance back at him and he attempted to read her expression. Truth be told, he wished he could talk to her alone; sort out this mess with Jay with the only person he felt comfortable enough to do so. But they weren't back in that place yet and he just hoped it wouldn't take too long to get there.