what would've happened (part 1?)

Hi friends!

Once again I am back to revisit Sparry lol

I know this summer I wrote a chapter to explain my absence and once again promised something I didn't pull through on...until NOW.

I told everyone I wanted to give you all some answers, and maybe write one last chapter. While I don't have a full chapter ready for you now- and I will explain why I say that in a bit- I do want to share with you...what would have happened with Spencer and Barry.

Y'all are gonna hate me when I say this but I was like 3 chapters away from putting Spencer and Barry together for real. Isn't that the worst thing you've ever heard? It annoys me too don't worry. And I did not stop to deprive anyone of them actually becoming a couple. It's hard to remember why exactly I stopped at that moment. I was a senior in high school (now I'm a senior in college holy shit) and I was sooo busy and probably burnt out. But I was definitely aware that Sparry was so close to becoming ~canon~ and I had every intention of at least writing that. However, I was also overthinking Spencer's storyline and way behind in watching the Flash (I haven't watched since the musical episode oops) but I will address a bit about Spencer soon.

Basically, at the end of Season 2 Episode 4, Joe is talking to Barry about Stein and Jefferson "taking a leap of faith" and this inspires Barry to finally pursue Spencer. He goes to her apartment, in a classic Sparry moment, and tells her he still has feelings for her and doesn't want her to move on. They KISS and he also tells her about the photoshopped byline.

(I had to rewatch that scene in 2x04 and even noticed that the last episode I watched was 2x03 where I left off when writing the last chapters

(I had to rewatch that scene in 2x04 and even noticed that the last episode I watched was 2x03 where I left off when writing the last chapters. RIPPPP)

Then, going through episode five, instead of going out with Patty, Barry goes on his first date with Spencer...BLIND.

I also had a storyline featuring the two of them keeping their relationship a secret for a few episodes

I also had a storyline featuring the two of them keeping their relationship a secret for a few episodes. I don't remember when everyone finds out, but it was definitely because Spencer dramatically kisses him in STAR Labs after a dangerous mission... I was so excited for you guys to read that.