02. getting the band back together

*Not Edited*

*Not Edited*

Spencer and Caitlin went their separate ways again after the events of the Flash Day Rally. All Caitlin wanted to do was get back to work while Spencer wanted to go back to her place. She thought it would be wisest to possibly get some rest, maybe even watch some Netflix. But her attempt at doing so didn't last long. She began getting anxious thinking about Barry- knowing he was out there trying to stop this metahuman on his own. So, barely halfway into her Parks and Rec episode, she turned off the TV- something she thought she'd never do with intention- and headed to the precinct.

When she arrived and exited the elevators to the main level of the building, she headed for the desks on the lookout for Joe. She found the detective standing by the windows at the far end of the room speaking with Iris. Spencer smiled at the familiar faces as she approached the father and daughter.

"Hey," She spoke up softly when she was beside them, "Sorry, I don't want to interrupt."

Both heads turned in her direction simultaneously, their eyes widening in surprise. A huge smile covered Iris's face as she pulled the blonde in for a hug.

"Spencer, you're back!" She exclaimed.

Spencer chuckled, "That I am." When she entangled herself from her friend's grip, she looked toward the detective's grinning face, "Hey, Joe. How have you been?"

"I've been alright," He nodded, "I saw you earlier at the rally. Are you back permanently...?"

Spencer bobbed her head up and down, "Yes. And it's look I arrived just in time."

The three of them chuckled dryly. Joe nodded, "You could say that."

"Actually, you might be able to help us," Iris piped up.

Spencer's eyebrows raised, "What do you mean?"

"Well, Barry's been trying to save the world all on his own lately," Joe began.

"So I've heard," Spencer hummed with a single nod.

"And none of us have been able to talk some sense into him," Iris went on, "Do you think maybe you can?"

The blonde's eyes widened briefly before she casted her gaze to the ground. "I don't know guys. I haven't spoken to Barry in six months."

"And for all we know that could be a contributing factor!" Iris scoffed, waving her hands slightly, "We have all missed you, Spence, but Barry most of all."

"He can't keep doing this alone; especially with this jacked up meta," Joe added, "He needs his team back."

Spencer took a deep breath, mulling it over for a moment before she looked back up at the two, "Then wouldn't we need to get the entire team back?"

"We already have us, Cisco and Stein," Iris nodded, "But Caitlin..."

"Cisco hasn't spoken to her in six months," Joe finished.