August 2nd [ I ]

Special chapter because today is Kagami's birthday

The words written in bold will be Aomine's story

Hope you enjoy it c:

---

I'm Aomine Daiki.

Today is Kagami's birthday. Just for information, he's my boyfriend.

Since today is his birthday, I decided to give something for him as a present.

---

It was Tuesday and Kagami was pretty sure he had nothing to do today so he chose to just lazy around on the couch.

Might as well enjoy the day off while he had it.

Kagami was aware that today was his birthday but he wasn't the type who would get excited over it.

His phone buzzed a few times, telling him that he got a bunch of messages. Probably from Kuroko and the upperclassmen who wished him a happy birthday.

"I guess I'll reply now," he mumbled to himself as he reached for his phone that was sitting on the other side of the couch.

His fingers were ready to type a simple thanks to Kuroko until he heard a few knocks coming from the front door. The red head put his phone down and went to get the door, a small smile on his face.

"Ao–"

"Yo!" Tatsuya greeted his brother with the usual warm smile. For a second, Tatsuya couldn't help but notice that Kagami was a tiny bit disappointed to see him.

"Is something wrong?" The guy who always hid his one eye asked.

"No, nothing. I thought it was someone else. What brought you here, Tatsuya?"

"It's my brother's birthday, of course I have to pay him a visit!" the shorter male chuckled and handed over a box which Kagami received with a confused look.

"What's this?" the red haired asked while peering into the box.

"Some spices that might come in handy when you're making dinner. Since you're going to live in Japan for a long time, I thought your tongue should get familiar with those Japanese spices."

---

Shit.

Fuck.

Today is Kagami's birthday and I bought chocolates for him since Satsuki suggested to buy chocolates.

Girls like getting chocolates, she said. Oh well, she has a good intuition so I didn't doubt her.

Unfortunately, something came up when I was going to put the chocolate box so I wasn't really paying attention.

Turns out that I put the chocolate next to the stove.

The chocolate melted.

Fuck my life.

---

"Hm? Kiyoshi senpai?" Kagami asked the moment he walked into the convenient store.

The brown haired male turned around when he heard his name and gave a heartwarming smile, "Hello, Kagami!"

"Buying candies again?"

"No, they happened to have some natto so I thought I should buy some for Hyuuga," he replied and blinked a few times.

"Ah, come to think of it, it's your birthday, right?"

Slightly embarrassed, Kagami sheepishly scratched his cheek and nodded, "Yes, it is."

"Well then," Kiyoshi paused and rummaged through his bag for a few moments before handing Kagami some money, "here you go."

There was an awkward silence for a second.

'Giving money on my birthday, isn't that what old people give to children on their birthday?' Kagami thought to himself.

"Thank you, Kiyoshi senpai.."

---

After realising that giving the melted chocolate would be pretty weird as a birthday present, I went to ask Satsuki again for help.

I was never this desperate, God. Why am I so stupid?

Not as stupid as Bakagami, though.

Anyways, I'm currently stuck with writing a birthday card. To be honest, I'm not really good with sweet words but I just ruined the present I prepared yesterday.

I can't fuck up this time.

---

To be continued~

—nazu.