Chapter 2: Detention.

Carter's P.O.V

The bell rung indicating that English was over. I stood up, grabbing my books and I slung my bag over my shoulder. I heard someone clear their throat and I shot my head upwards to see the one and only, Jason McCann. "Let me," He said, pointing towards my books. "Look, thanks for trying to be nice and all, but you just got me a detention. I really don't want to spend anymore time with you," I said harshly. "I was only trying to ask you a question earlier..." He said, scratching the back of his neck awkwardly. "But you tried to get my attention almost a billion times Jason! I have a really short temper, as you can tell!" I yelled. "Can't we start over?" He asked with a pouty face.

"No Jason! You're nothing but trouble! Leave me the hell alone!" I spat. He huffed and walked away slamming the door behind him.

*A few hours later - lunch*

I walked through the isles looking for a table to sit in. I felt so different from everyone here. I bet no one here can surf. I suddenly heard the clicking of high heals coming from behind me. I turned around to see Stacey Adams standing there with her famous fake smile. Her cleavage was sticking out, and I wanted to puke. You could tell her eye-lashes were store-bought and not natural, mostly because one was falling off. But I do like her lip gloss, it's a nice color for her. Her long blonde hair ran down by her hips. She was so fake, but nice?

"Carter you're on the loser side. Follow me," She laughed, grabbing my hand tightly and she trotted over to the other side of the cafeteria. I walked behind her like an oaf as she strutted down the isle while swaying her hips, and tossing her hair over her shoulder. I don't know why she liked me so much. I was no where near popular material.

We stopped in front of a table and sat down. I looked around at my surroundings. Many other fake girls surrounded me with grins on their faces. On the other side of the table were tons of jocks with their basketball jerseys on.

"You're really pretty and deserve to be one of us." Said a girl with long brunette hair. "I, uh, thanks..." I said awkwardly. These girls have the nerve.

"So we see that Jason is interested in you..." Said a girl with long black hair. I shrugged my shoulders and twiddled my thumbs.

Stacey opened her mouth and began to talk, "He's so good looking, but he just pushes everyone away. I think that he thinks that he's to good for us. But he's not! Look at us! We're stunning! But anyways... He never talks to anyone either so I'm surprised you even got a word out of him."

"I really don't like him. I have detention after school because of him. He kept bothering me," I murmured while shrugging my shoulders. I don't fit in with these girls at all. "He has detention after school too, but he also has a two week detention for smoking pot in the bathroom," The blonde girl chimed in.

Stacey began to chuckle. "He's so sexy." She replied with a toothy grin. "Ew," I chimed in. Everyone looked at me with shocked expressions.

"You don't think he's cute?" Stacey gasped. I shook my head 'no', and twiddled with my thumbs again. Everyone let out a fake laugh. Gosh, these girls are so gross.

I felt a tap on my shoulders and I turned around to see JASON.

"What are you doing here! I made it clear that I don't want anything to do with you!" I yelled in his face. "Look, I just really want to apologize," He argued. "You already did Jason," I spat.

"Well, I know you don't like me, and all, but I'm sorry for getting you into trouble," He said apologetically. I gazed into his eyes and froze again. They were a golden color. He cleared his throat sending me out of my thoughts. "Sorry," I mumbled. "Anyways, thanks for the apology, I guess. I'll see you in detention," I told him. He nodded, winked, and began to walk away from my table.

I faced everyone and they all had huge smiles drawn across their faces (fake smiles may I add). "Damn, you're so lucky," The blonde one exclaimed. "What's all of your names?" I asked ignoring her last remark.

The one with the short blonde hair began to talk. "I'm Maleah-" she pointed at the girl with long shiny black hair "-that's Corrine" she then pointed to a brunette "-that's Brandy."

"Thanks, I'm Carter," I told them all. "We all know you silly," Stacey said in a high pitched voice. I rolled my eyes, without them noticing.

---

I pushed past the group of people in the hallways. They were all rushing to catch their bus. Sadly, I had a to stay in this hell hole for another hour and a half. Everyone was gossiping about me and Jason. We only had two conversations? I don't get what the big deal is? I looked down at the detention slip and it told me to report to room number 220.

The hallways were now cleared out, and no one was in sight. It felt like I was in a ghost town. Everything was silent and I could feel tension in the air. My heart pounded as I walked down the hallway, closer and closer to room 220. All I could think about was Jason's eyes and his pearly white smile. His smile wasn't as fake as the others. Wait what? I'm supposed to hate him! I let out a sigh as I pulled the handle on the door. I opened it up to see Jason and a random teacher sitting down in silence.

"Sit down. No chewing gum, no talking, no passing notes, no phones, no iPods, no electronics what-so-ever, no eating, no drinking, and no leaving the classroom!" The teacher commanded. She had on a gray cardigan and black dress pants. Her glasses were rectangular, and they sat on the tip of her nose. Her hair was tied up in a ponytail. The ponytail was being held up by a few pencils. She looked like a
librarian, I guess. "I'll be back in an hour and a half. Don't even try anything, Mr. McCann." She said with her warning eyes.

He smirked at her and she rolled her eyes and left the room. I looked up at the clock seeing the hands move around the clock. The clock seemed to be moving so slow. I heard someone clear their throat. I snapped my head over to Jason, and he winked at me. He got up from his seat and went towards the windows. He unlocked one and opened it. "What are you doing?" I whisper-yelled. "I'm trying to smell the fresh grass," He said sarcastically. I rolled my eyes at him. "Now what does it look like I'm doing shawty?" He questioned while raising one eyebrow.

"You shouldn't leave, you could get in loads of trouble," I warned. "I do this all the time shawty." He said. My heart fluttered at the word shawty. Damn what was this kid doing to me? "Care to join me?" He asked in a monotone.

"I rather not," I said. "Aw come on, are you afraid that your mommy will find out?" He asked in a taunting tone. "No," I spat. "Prove to me that your not one of those goody-two-shoes and come with me," he said with a voice that made me want to rip his throat out. "I don't have to prove anything to you," I said. "Hmm. Well I guess you're just to afraid to ditch one little detention," He said in a conniving voice. "You know what? FINE," I yelled. I made my way over to the window and hopped out of it. He stood there inside the building and smirked. "Maybe you aren't a little goody-goody." He said. He hopped out the window and took my hand in his.

I felt my hand tingle and it felt as if fire works were exploding in my fingertips. "Okay goody-goody. What do you want to do?" He asked as I shrugged my shoulders. He pulled me into the parking lot and we stopped in front of a black mustang. "Get in," He demanded. I nodded my head and opened the shiny black door and hopped inside. I fastened my seatbelt and sat back. What the fuck am I doing?! He hopped in next to me and put the key in the ignition. He flipped on the heat switch and warm air blew on my face. He pulled out of the parking lot as the snow fell onto the windshield. The wipers wiped away the snowflakes. And all I can think of is; what did I get myself into now?

***

Well chapter 2 I hope you like it please vote and comment.