Chapter 13: An Awkward Apology

Carter's P.O.V

I sat on the bed looking out of the window that was beside my bed. He put me in a different room and I only realized it this morning. I guess you could say last night was a blur but my face still hurts like hell. He's a complete and utter asshole but it's all so confusing. I mean I practically had a 'love' dream about him.. Gross.

The door creaked and I looked over to see Jenna standing there. I rolled my eyes. Can't this bitch ever leave me alone? Okay, I admit I am being a tad cruel towards her but why should I be nice to her?! Her brother kidnapped me and she hid important information from me so why should I be friends with her?

"What do you want?" I said emotionless. "I brought you this." She said holding up an ice pack. She walked towards me and threw the ice pack on my lap. "Thanks." I muttered and slapped the pack on my face trying to ignore her presence. "You know, I bet Jason regrets it." She sighed and sat down on my bed. "Yeah sure he does!" I spat sarcastically. "He's an asshole. I'm really sorry." She mumbled awkwardly. "It's just- whatever." I said as I rolled my eyes.

"Carter please forgive me. You're like the only girl I have ever met that isn't annoying. The only other girl I have is Kelly and she is just.. nasty." She pleaded. I laughed a little at what she said about Kelly but I was still mad at her. But I do feel bad for her because having Jason McCann as a brother probably isn't the easiest thing to deal with. He does treat her well though and I do give him points for that.

"Fine I forgive you. But do you need to tell me anything else important?" I asked narrowing my eyebrows at her. "No, no. I promise I know nothing else!" She exclaimed as she jumped up and wrapped her arms around me. I wish I could hug her back but Jason has me handcuffed to the bed.

"Y-you're crushing m-me." I tried to breathe but she only tightened her grip on me. I laughed at her and she looked up. "I'm sorry but when I get excited I like to express it by hugging someone." She giggled while hiding her face. "You're such a child." I laughed at her and she tried to roll her eyes but she failed. I laughed at her again. "I'm going to ask Jason to un-cuff you because I hate staying in this room!" She giggled and skipped out of the bedroom.

How the hell is this girl so cheery and her brother is so.. dark? I guess you can use 'dark' as a word to describe Jason. I closed my eyes waiting for Jenna but all I heard was yelling from downstairs. Ugh, those two are probably arguing about me.

The door opened and a flustered looking Jason came towards me. He ran his fingers through his hair and let out a grunt. He reached in his back pocket and pulled out the shiny key. He unlocked my cuffs and looked at me. "I swear to god if you try any-" he began but I cut him off. "I promise I won't try anything." I told him and he looked uneasy. "I'm actually really.. uh, sorry.. for um hitting.. you." He said awkwardly and he then ran out of the room. I twisted my eyebrows in confusion and I couldn't believe that he actually apologized.

Jenna then walked in with a huge smile on her face. "Did he apologize?" She asked with hopeful eyes. "Yeah he did?" I said still confused. "Good." She said grabbing my hand and pulling me out of the bedroom.

She led me down the staircase and into the living room. The smell of chocolate chip cookies hit my nose and my stomach started to rumble. I looked down at my stomach and blushed out of embarrassment. She giggled and pulled me down onto the couch. "Be right back!" She chirped and ran out of the room. I looked over at the coffee table and saw the remote. I picked it up and turned the TV on.

I felt the couch sink down a bit and I saw Jenna sitting there with a tray full of cookies and two glasses of milk. My eyes lit up at the sight of the food and my mouth began to water. I haven't had cookies for so long. I grabbed a glass of milk and three cookies. She laughed at my reaction but I didn't care. I dipped one of the cookies in the milk and kept it in there until it was moist. I took it out and bit into the cookie. I let out a moan and Jenna giggled again.

"Jenna you are an amazing cook." I told her and she looked at me and smirked. "I didn't make these cookies." She laughed. "Well then who did?" I asked confused and she smirked again. "Jason did." She said and I spit out the cookie into my hand.

"Yeah, I think I just lost my appetite." I sighed and took a napkin. I put the chewed parts of the cookie inside the napkin and crumbled it up. "Carter I didn't poison them if that's what you're thinking."

I looked up to see Jason standing there and I think my eyes literally popped out of my head. "O-oh of course you didn't." I chuckled nervously and took a bite from the cookie. Saying I was scared would be an understatement, he is one frightening kid. Jenna sighed and her eyes flickered onto the tv.

The 'Believe Movie' commercial started to play and Jenna squealed. I laughed at her and clapped my hands. Maybe I forgot to tell you but.. I have Bieber fever. You may call me obsessed but I prefer dedicated. Justin's songs make me happy and he always puts a smile on my face.

"He is so hot!" Jenna exclaimed and I swear I think I saw drool coming out of her mouth. "He's a fag." Jason muttered and me and Jenna looked at him like he was crazy. "Don't you ever say that about him!" Jenna yelled. He laughed at her and rolled his eyes playfully. "I'm just kidding Jenna. Take it easy I was only trying to get a reaction out of ya." He held his hands up in defense.

He walked over and sat down on the other side of me. But we both made sure that we weren't too close together. He shifted a bit and our knees touched. My knee felt tingly but it was probably because he has some type of disease. I could see him peeking at me from the corner of his eye and it made me very uncomfortable.

Jenna's P.O.V

The phone rang and I hopped up from the couch to get it. I ran to the phone and picked it up. I placed it against my ear. "Hello?" I asked into the speaker and I could hear someone clearing there throat. "Hey it's Kelly. Me and the gang are still at the club. Tell Jason to come!" She slurred. I rolled my eyes because she is always drunk, high, or hitting on my brother. It bothered me when she flirted with my brother because I don't like when he messes with girls. I just want him to settle down with one person and I want him to actually be happy.

"Yeah, yeah. I'll tell him." I sighed and hung up on her. I walked into the living room and the tension in the air was literally unbearable. We all know that Jason feels really guilty and we all know that Carter hates him with a passion. They both had there gazes locked onto the tv screen. A rerun of 'drake and josh' was playing and I found it funny because Jason loved this show. He seemed all bad ass and stuff but he can also be pretty immature and fun at times.

I cleared my throat and they both looked up at me. "What?" Jason asked. "Go down to the club the gang wants you." I told him and sat down next to Carter. He groaned and sat up and looked at us. "Carter you're coming with me." He said sternly. I hate when Jason has to act mean because I know deep down that he still is that sweet little kid. He actually used to sing me to sleep and whenever I bring it up nowadays he gets really upset and leaves the room.

"Why do I h-have to come?" Carter stuttered. He let out a laugh, "do you really think I can trust you home alone with my gullible little sister?" He questioned her and I crossed my arms. I'm not that gullible!

She shook her head and stood up from the couch. "Jenna get her a dress and sunglasses." He commanded. I nodded my head and ran up to my bedroom. Tonight is going to be an interesting night for Carter..

***

Word count: 1,538

Guys I haven't updated in like 3 days and since then I gained almost 2,000 reads! I want to Thank you all so much! And my last chapter for 40 votes and you guys are leaving the sweetest comments! Tysm.
SORRY THIS WAS A
FILLER CHAPTER :,(

Check out my new book btw.

For a quicker update:

35 votes
&
6 comments.