Chapter 37: Out of Options

READ THE AUTHOR’S NOTE AT THE END BECAUSE IT’S IMPORTANT.

Chapter 37: Out of Options

Jason’s P.O.V

*The next day*

“I have ran out of options.” I mumbled. Carter looked up from the window while supporting her head with her arm. Her eyes were droopy, and she had little black circles underneath her perfect eyes. She still looked beautiful to me, but it looked as if she had lost her spark. She didn’t get a second of sleep last night because she was still worried about that man and the text from Chaz. “What do you mean?” She grumbled. “I mean that I have ran out of options. There’s nowhere else to go, and now we have no choice but to leave. I’ve decided that we’re hiding out on an island.”

She shook her head, and looked back at the window. “I’m getting really sick and tired of being sick and tired… if that makes any sense.” She mumbled. “It does make sense, and I so happen to feel the same way, but what other choice do we have? We either run or die.” I replied. “Jason, I hope you realize that one day they’ll catch up to us, and I know that we won’t have a fairytale ending.” She sighed. “Carter, I thought we’ve had this conversation before.”

“Whatever, it’s just we’ve been running for too long, and I’m sick of it. We should just surrender to them, and face the consequences.” She stated. “I never give up, and you know that.” I said. “Trust me, I know that... Where are we anyways? We’ve barely moved since last night, and I don’t think it’s a good idea to stick around here.”

I ignored her, and started up the car again. “I’m calling Manuel.” I stated. “Who?” She asked. “He’s my Uncle, and he’s in the same business as me. He lives down in this area, and I’m going to ask him to get us a private jet and a pilot. We’ll fly to the Bahamas, and stay on an island. I’ll get Manuel to get someone to deliver the things we need. Plus, he owes me big time because I saved his life, and I’m his favorite nephew. He’ll do anything for me. So don’t worry. I have all of this handled.” I explained.

“This is too much for me.” She said. “Oh well.” I sighed. She looked over at me with a scowl on her face. “Can I help you?” I teased. She shook her head and sighed. “Come on baby, don’t be sad. Please don’t be sad.” I begged. My phone buzzed, and I looked down at it. Chaz’s name lit up on the screen. Carter saw it and her eyes widened. I clicked on the text, and my eyes scanned every word.

From Chaz:

Man, do you not know how to listen? I said to leave as soon as possible. What the fuck man? Why are you still in this state? I am warning you. You should listen to me before it’s too late. And you better protect Carter with everything. Jason, I may be very upset with you, but I still see you as a brother. Please listen to me, and please take my advice. GET THE FUCK OUT OF HERE. I know everything know, and you must leave because the odds aren’t in your favor this time.

I grew angry as I read over every word. How does he know that I’m still here? How does he know what’s happening? I thought this fucker was in critical condition. How does he know what’s going on? I deleted the text, and I started to go through my contacts. I tried to keep my eyes on the road as I looked for Manuel’s contact. I saw it, and then I clicked on it. It rung a few times before I heard his voice.

“Manuel, I need your help, and you owe me.”

Chaz’s P.O.V

I sat in the cold room with Ryan, Johnson, and Kelly. Johnson had my cell phone in his hands as he typed away on the keypad. “What’re you doing?” I asked. “I’m texting Jason you little shit.” He growled. “O-Okay, sorry.” I stuttered. “Ricky is out there stalking those two. They haven’t moved much since last night, after you shot him. I’m trying to drive Jason out of this state because I’m planning on attacking him whenever he won’t expect it.” He explained. “That’s a really good plan, boss.” Ryan said. Ryan is such a fucking kiss up to Johnson. It’s unbelievable, and I’m pretty sure that Kelly sleeps around with all of the guys here.

I almost feel bad that Jason is going to die, he was basically my brother, but he betrayed me.

After Jason and Carter left us here to die, Johnson saw us, and ordered his men to chain the whole gang up. Johnson’s men knocked us all out, and we all woke up chained to the wall. He tried to get answers out of all of us, but we barely knew anything. He made a deal with us, and he said that we have to join his gang and help him take down Jason, or die. Johnson forced Ryan to make a fake phone call to Jason saying that I was in critical condition. Ryan tried to make Jason feel guilty so he’d come back to us. Johnson wanted Jason to come back so he could kill him and Carter, but his little plan didn’t work, and Jason didn’t want to come back. Instead, Jason chuckled, and he didn’t even care that I was in ‘critical condition’. That hurt.

So, Johnson knows for sure that Jason won’t come back for anything, so we have to come to him. Johnson wants us all to attack Carter and Jason when they’re least expecting it because Johnson said that it would be more fun. I sort of feel bad, but I guess it must end like this, but I have a feeling in the pit of my stomach that Jason will get away. Jason always gets away with everything, and he always wins.

It hurts that he left me. Jason and Carter might die, and it will be all of his fault. There’s nothing that I can do to stop it, and I don’t want to stop it because he deserves it. Jason doesn’t deserve life anymore, and Johnson and Ryan intend on ending it.

***

Sorry for the late update.

I might just discontinue this story because it seems like you’re all uninterested in this book now.

Should I discontinue this book?

...oh and you all found out what’s happening with chaz lol.