Chapter 26: I don't deserve her

Carter's P.O.V

I was currently wrapped up in Jason's arms as we laid there on the couch. It's been a few weeks now and everything is going great. The gang didn't agree at first because they thought that I'd distract Jason. But, I don't get why they helped him set up the date if they didn't want us to be together. I swear these guys are all messed up in the head. Chaz is definitely the most idiotic one though. He let Kelly put makeup on him yesterday.

Anyways, Jason and I were doing well. His sweet side really comes out whenever I'm around and it makes me so happy. I haven't really seem him genuinely happy ever since Jenna passed. It's still a hard subject for Jason to talk about, but he's now accepting the fact that she is gone.

He let out a yawn and looked at me. "What?" I asked and he smirked. "Oh, nothing." He giggled as I rolled my eyes. "You're such an idiot." I laughed and he huffed. "I'm going to go make some pizza, I'll be back." He said as he stood up. He walked out of the room and I looked around. I walked over to the window and looked out. To be honest, I don't even know where we are located anymore.

I have no idea where my parents are at or if they are even worried about me. I am really worried about them though. This situation has been tough on me and I needed to see my mother right now, but that won't happen anytime soon. As I looked through the window I saw something move and I saw a flash. Who was taking a picture of me? I saw the black figure run across the yard and then he/she hid behind the tree. Do they really think that I haven't noticed them?

There was another flash and I closed the curtains. I think I'm losing it. Nobody would be able to find us, Jason won't let anything happen to me. At least I think he won't, he told me that he had us fully protected. I skipped down the steps as I smelt the aroma of pizza. "Jason?" I called out, but he didn't answer me. There was a note hanging on the fridge and I picked it up.

Carter,

The pizza is cooking in the oven and it will be done by the time I get back. The gang and I had to take care of some business. I'll be back in about forty-five minutes. - Jason

I sat the note down as I made my way towards the sink. I took a glass and filled it up. I took a sip as a heard faint footsteps from behind me. "Jason, are you back already?" I asked as I turned around. The glass slipped from my hand and it hit the floor. It smashed into pieces and the water went all over the floor. A man who looked around the age of thirty stood there with a smug grin placed onto his face.

"Carter, Carter, Carter." He t'sked. "W-Who are you?" I stuttered and he laughed. "I'm a little friend of Johnson's." He said as the smirk grew even wider on his face. I started to run away from him and I stepped into the glass. I yelped a little bit as I ran down the hallway. I grabbed the railing and pulled myself up the steps as quick as possible.

I looked around and he was gone, completely gone. I ran into Jason's bedroom and locked the door behind me. I slid down the door and buried my head in my hands. I let a few tears slip out as I shakily dug into my pocket for the cellphone that Jason gave me. I dialed Jason's number and pressed it against my ear. "Hello." He answered and I let out a sigh of relief. "Jason come home now!" I screamed into the phone. The door shook from behind me and I knew that the man was right outside the door. I backed away from the door as I dropped the phone onto the ground.

The door swung open as the man came towards me while swinging his fists. He hit me in my face and into my side. I fell to the ground and he climbed on top of me. I tried to push him away but I couldn't because he punched me again in the stomach. His fist connected with my face once more and I could feel the metallic taste forming in my mouth. The blood rolled down my chin and he still wouldn't stop.

I screamed as I felt his hands wrap around my neck. No, I can't die like this. I took one more blow to the face and he wrapped his arms around my neck, again. He tightened his hands around my neck and I couldn't breathe in. I squirmed around and I know that my face was purple by now.

I started to kick my feet and it felt as if an elephant was sitting on my chest. It burned so badly and my vision was blurring. I could barely see the man's face anymore. The tears were rolling down my cheeks and the blood was still in my mouth. But, none of that mattered anymore because I just realized that I am going to die.

Everything became black and the sounds of him chuckling slowly faded away.

Jason's P.O.V

I drove down the street as fast as possible. My adrenaline was rushing and I was extremely angry. I have no idea what's going on and I plan to find out. I'm just begging that my Carter is alright because if I lose her then I am done. I pulled into the driveway and rushed out of the car.

I ran into the house and looked around. Everything was completely silent. What's going on? I walked up the steps and I still heard absolutely nothing. I pushed open my door and I saw carter lying on the ground. I ran over to her and she had bruises all over her face and blood was dripping from her bottom lip. I let a tear fall from my eye, but I quickly wiped it away. I checked her pulse, she was still alive. A note sat on her stomach and I picked it up and began to read it.

McCann,

You thought you could beat me? Just be happy that I didn't take Carter right now. She didn't even put up much of a fight and I loved to see her struggle. She's quite the feisty one. I wonder how she is in bed. But, in a few days she'll be Johnson's property and I will be able to touch her, all over her body. She won't even remember you by the time I'm done with her. Just remember McCann, expect the unexpected.

- Robert.

I crumbled the note into my hand and I was shaking with anger. Robert? How could he? I thought we were friends? He betrayed me and nobody betrays Jason McCann. He won't get away with this. But, I can't worry about them right now. I need to call my doctor for Carter. I dialed the doctor's number on my phone and placed it against me ear. "Hello." Dr. Armstrong said. I sighed in relief, thank god he answered.

---

(One Hour Later)

Dr. Armstrong examined her wounds and he placed cream onto her open cuts. I rocked back and forth on my feet, I am a nervous wreck right now. She still hasn't woken up yet and I feel like I am going to pull my hair out. "Will she be okay?" I asked for the thousandth time. "Jason, quit asking that!" Kelly scolded and I rolled my eyes.

"I don't need your shit right now." I spat and she rolled her eyes. "She'll be alright, she'll probably wake up in a few days. Five days at the most. Her head was hit many times and I feel like she may have a bit of brain damage, but you need to take her to the hospital to know that for sure. But, you can't take her to the hospital so I don't know what to do. All we can do is wait for her to wake up and pray that she'll be alright." Dr. Armstrong spoke.

I felt sick to my stomach and guilty. I know I sound selfish for thinking this, but why does everything bad happen to me? I lost everyone who was important to me and I finally found someone who gives a meaning to my life, but now god wants to take her away from me too. I want her to be okay and I don't want her to have to suffer from brain damage because I was an idiot. I should've taken her with us.

What kind of boyfriend am I? I don't deserve her.

***

Word Count: 1,510

Please don't complain about last chapter being short okay. I know this book Is boring and shit but I don't need people to tell me what I am doing wrong with my book. I am happy though because the cops lied about Justin and he wasn't drunk nor on drugs. I want to say a big "fuck you" to all the beliebers who left him and a big "Thank you" to all the beliebers who stayed. I don't care what he does because I will always love him and support him and without him this book wouldn't even exist. Call me crazy, but he is my life lol.

Twitter ; @l0ljustinbieber

Instagram ; @lustdrew

for a quicker update:

120 votes

and forty comments