Chapter 9: Nothing came out.

Jason's P.O.V

She sat there on the couch with her head in her hands and she was breathing heavily. "Why?" She cried. "I could've got caught so I sent you to do my dirty work," I said, smirking. "How is this funny to you?! I-I don't get why you deliberately try to make my life a living hell! I have never done anything wrong to you! But no matter how hard I try to be nice, you always end up being the biggest dick!" She screamed. "Do you realize two little kids lost their father today? Does that even mean anything to you? I'm pretty sure you have lost someone before! You should know how it feels," she continued. I knew for a fact that she was talking about my parents. Her and Jenna think they are so sneaky, but I know they hang out every night. I also know that Jenna likes her and trusts her. She probably knows about my parents because Jenna probably told her.

"I know you're talking about my parents, but I don't give two flying shits about them losing their father! Nobody seemed to care when I lost my dad and when I lost my mother," I spat at her. "I wasn't talking about your damn parents Jason! I was talking about losing someone in general!" She yelled as if it was the most obvious thing ever. I groaned and rested back on the couch. She sat there staring at the blank TV screen. You could see the tear stains that were left on her cheeks and her eyes were bright red from crying.

I never knew making her do something like that would have so much of an effect on her. I thought when it was all over and done that she would enjoy it, like I do. Whenever I'm doing a job I feel my adrenaline rush and I actually feel like I have a purpose. But, I am Jason McCann... I'm a little different than everyone else. I feel things differently and see things differently. No one at my school liked me when I was little because they thought I was different. My mom always told me that I was special because everything I did was completely different than what your average five year old would do.

Instead of playing with mini plastic cars and dinosaur figurines like most five year old boys, I would sit in my room and play with my imaginary friends. A lot of kids have imaginary friends, but I never talked to anyone besides my imaginary friends. At recess I would sit in the sand pit and pretend I was talking to someone. At recess most of the kids would just leave me out and exclude me from everything. They would also pick on me until I felt like nobody cared about me or my presence. It's pretty sad for a five year old to feel depressed, huh? No one ever treated me with the respect I deserved besides my parents and Jenna. Those are the reasons I am the way I am today. I'm still different from everyone, but now that I'm older I've learned to accept it and be proud of who I am, even though I may not be considered the best human being in the world.

My phone cut off my thoughts when my phone started to buzz in my pocket. I took it out and saw that Ricky's name was lighting up my screen. I tapped 'accept' and put the phone to my ear. "Yo," I called into the phone. "Jason, we are coming to Las Vegas! Make some room for the gang!" He hollered into the phone. You could hear James in the back laughing at Ricky. "Alright just please don't bring Kelly," I said. "Too late, she'll be pissed if we don't let her come. She punched Chaz this morning because he grabbed her ass," Ricky said, chuckling into the speaker. "Quit talking so close to the speaker. You sound like you're a pedophile," I teased.

"Well I'm going to call you sometime soon. The gang and I should arrive in a few days," Ricky said. "Alright bro. See ya later." I then clicked the 'end' icon and looked over to see Carter still staring at the screen. She noticed me looking at her and she snapped her head towards my direction. "Can I help you?" She spat. "Look I'm uh, sor-, um, sorry." I said, sounding like an idiot. "Thanks I guess," she said, standing up and leaving. "Get back here!" I yelled, feeling rage take over my body.

I don't know what caused me to become so angry, but everything she did right now seemed to piss me off more and more. "I have to handcuff you now. Did you really think you'd get away with that?" I tsked. "Get... away... with... what?" She asked furrowing her eyebrows at me. "Just shut the fuck up and follow me," I sneered pushing past her. I could hear her little footsteps behind me. She started to hiccup. Oh my, that was the cutest noise ever. Wait what the fuck, no! She is a bitch and nothing about her is cute.