1.

Serenity Sage

"Stop, please stop!" I cried out trying to block the continuous blows to my face.

"Stupid bitch!" My boyfriend spat at me as he continued to beat on me.

To be honest, I don't even know what I did this time for him to be doing this to me. I was in the kitchen cooking us some food because I had great news to tell him, but he came in the apartment and his breath reeked of alcohol, so we started arguing and it ended up with him putting his hands on me. He would just come home in one of his moods and would decide to put his hands on me. Today was one of those days. I continued to cry and try to block his hits, but it wasn't helping me at all.

"Baby please stop hitting!"

He smacked me, kicked me and laughed, "You wanna be a dirty bitch, so I'm going to treat you like one."

I got in fetal position and continued to take my beating until I passed out.

"Serenity, Serenity! Wake up!" I hear my sister yelling at me and hitting me with a pillow, waking me up out of my nightmare.

I sat up and looked at my surroundings. I was at my apartment that I shared with my twin sister out of harm's way. I stared at my sister who had a look of concern on her face. "Skye what is your problem?" I asked her.

She smacked her lips, "What do you mean what's my problem? I'm not the one fighting the air in my sleep and screaming."

Shit! I sighed, "I'm sorry sis, I don't know what's wrong with me."

Skye sat on my bed and gave me a hug, "It's okay Ren, just know if you need to talk, I'm always here for you."

I smiled at her, "And this is why you're my favorite sister."

She laughed, "Okay enough of this mushy shit. You better hurry up and shower before you're late to your classes and your new internship."

"Oh shit, you're right." I responded, getting out my bed, grabbing my clothes that I was going to wear today and running into the bathroom.

***

"You look pretty Auntie Ren," my four-year-old niece Izzy complimented me as I walked into the kitchen to get me a quick bite to eat before heading out.

I looked down at her and gave her a kiss on the forehead, "Thank you baby. You do too." I told her as I looked at her little outfit.

She smiled at me, "Thank you!" She responded as she ran out of the kitchen and into the bedroom that her and Skye share

I laugh and shake my head as I open up the cabinet to get me a granola bar and went to the fridge and got me a bottle of water before walking out the door. I get in my car and start it up so I won't be so late to class because that's the last thing I need. Too Good by Drake blasted through my speakers as I pulled out the parking garage and took off down the street.

Look...I don't know how to talk to you