14.

Kareem Alexander

"That'll show you from stealing from me again pussy!" I yelled as I shot this guy in between the eyes

"That'll show you from stealing from me again pussy!" I yelled as I shot this guy in between the eyes. I turned to Jay because he knew what to do next. He pulled out the lighter and the gasoline, so we could light the house on fire. We get in my unmarked car and drive off.

"So what's up with you?" I asked Jay because he was really quiet. 

He sighed, "I asked Skye to move in with me, but she couldn't give me an answer yet."

I chuckled. "Damn man she got you sprung huh?"

He smacked his lips, "Man I didn't say all that, but I do love her a lot."

"Aww that's so sweet," I said sarcastically

"Man, you ain't shit," he laughed.

The Next Day

"Ms. Johnson I need to see you in my office." I told her as I walked pass her desk, walking towards my office.

She followed in behind me and closed the door behind her before sitting down. "Yes Mr. Smith?"

"I have to take a business trip to the Bahamas, and I need you to come with me since you are my best intern. We leave in a week."

"How long are we gonna be gone?" she asked.

"Maybe 4 or 5 days, depending how long it takes me to get this deal settled." I told her honestly.

"Okay thank you," she said as she got up to leave the office.

Serenity Sage

I held my composure while I was sitting in front of Mr

I held my composure while I was sitting in front of Mr. Smith, but I was screaming with excitement with excitement. I couldn't wait to tell Skye about this when I got home. I finished the rest of my shift and drove home so I could relax before Skye and Izzy came home.

By the time I got home, Skye had texted me and told me that her and Izzy were going to spend the night at Jamal's house. Don't get me wrong, I was glad that they were back together, but I did not like being in the apartment by myself for a long time because I was still very paranoid. I shook those feelings off and made myself something to eat and got my blunt and wine ready.

A couple of hours later, I was lying in bed on my phone when I got a call from an unknown number. Against my better judgement, I answered it. "Hello?"

"It's good to know that you haven't forgotten about me," that voice sent a chill down my spine.

"Devante?" I questioned, with obvious fear in my voice.

He chuckled, "That's right. I just thought I would let you know that I'm getting out of prison really soon and I can't wait to see you."

I quickly hung up the phone and packed an overnight because I was definitely spending the night at somebody's house tonight. I made sure that I locked the apartment then proceeded to my car. I started the car and quickly took off. I can't get to the Bahamas fast enough.

I pulled up to Jamal's house, got out the car, and practically banged on the door like my life depended on it.

Jamal opened the door, "Serenity what are you doing here? What's going on?"

"I can't stay at my place tonight; I got a phone call that has me paranoid." I said quickly as I felt my anxiety rising.

"Oh shit," I heard him mumble under his breath. "SKYE! Come here." He screamed while hugging me.

"What nigga?" she asked coming down the stairs.

"Your sister needs us," he told her, while letting me go so I could go to her.

"Sis what's wrong?" Skye asked.

"I got a call from Devante tonight and said that he was getting out soon and he can't wait to see me," I quickly told her. "I feel like he's going to kill me," I managed to get out before I broke down.

"Let me go roll some blunts," I heard Jamal say before he walked out the room.

Skye continued to hold on to me as I cried into her shoulder. "It's okay sis, we're not gonna let him touch you."

After Jamal brought the blunts to us, we sat around and smoked until we all got sleepy and finally went to bed.

Sorry for not updating in so long, I'm just trying to finish school, battling my mental health and I kind of lost my passion for writing, but I will finish this book. Thank y'all for understanding. Don't forget to vote, comment, and follow!