Chapter 3

I've been on the run for weeks, not knowing where I was going or when I was going to stop. I'd let my wolf take over and so now, the balls in her court. I haven't changed since I left. Staying in my wolf form is surprisingly satisfying.

Unfortunately I it means I have to eat what my wolf wants. Which is generally rabbit or deer. It's kind of disgusting eating a warm, bloody animal, but I guess humans do it as well. It's just not as fresh. This stuff is as fresh as you can get.

I'd traveled for hundreds of kilometres, resting only when necessary. I heard the voices of the pack, but I pushed them to the back of my mind. No amount of pleading or begging would bring me home.

Home, the place where my love kisses my cousin, where my brother hates me and where my pack despises me. Home is supposed to be a place where you are loved, accepted no matter what. But that place was no home to me. I guess I don't have a home anymore. If I ever had one. I guess I need to find a new home, or spend my life as a wolf rather then a human.

Wolves have it so easy. They hunt for their food, their mate is destined to be with them, they don't fall love with someone who is taken, they roam around never staying in the same place. Wolves, those dumb but graceful creatures, they have not a care in the world. They follow their instincts and they do as they please.

I continue on through the snow, sniff the air with my snout. I love the smell of the clean air. It spot a rabbit peeking out from under a bush covered in snow. I lower my body to the ground, careful not to make a sound. It sniffs the air, unsure whether or not it is safe to come out.

My snowy white coat blends in with the white snow. It's almost like I'm invisible. The rabbit, deciding it is safe to come out, hops into the clearing. I stand still, waiting patiently as all good hunters do. I slowly edge forward, inching closer and closer toward my prey.

I leap onto the rabbit with a speed so fast, it had no hope of escaping. I bite into its side, it's blood seeping from its body. With a quick bite at its neck, I put it out of its misery. The rabbit is chewy and and furry, but I'd gotten accustomed to the taste.

I sit on the cold snow, unbothered by its chill, as werewolves don't get cold. I finish the snack in a few minutes, my stomach, still unsatisfied. I guess I need to hunt some more. When a wolf is hungry, you don't want to mess with it.

Suddenly, a howl rang in the air. Damn they've found me, I thought. I started to run but then stopped. It was unfamiliar. How was that possible, I recognise all of the packs howls. That meant that whoever it was, was not apart of our pack.

How is that even possible. If they weren't apart of the pack then who were they. The Quiletes are the only spirit warriors. At least that's what the tribe leaders told us. But, maybe they were wrong. Maybe, there were a whole other tribe of spirit warriors, and we didn't even realise it.