Chapter 16

"Congrats babe," I say, stunning both myself and Lucas.

He doesn't move. He just stands there, stunned. I wave my hand in front of his face.

"Hello, earth to Lucas." I say grinning.

"What, sorry, I zoned out" he says dazed.

I take his hand and drag him out of the building towards the forest.

"Come on," I say, "we have to go and celebrate your nomination, Mr Alpha," I say teasingly.

When we get to the edge of the forest we shift, running together as one. Our paws touch the ground at exactly the same time, it feels natural. As easy as breathing.

I run behind a tree and shift, changing into some clothes. When I return Lucas is fully clothed and waiting patiently for me. What a gentlemen.

I could get used to this. Having car doors opened for me, being carried around everywhere. Spending time with my mate, the new alpha.

"So, where are we going?" He asks, curiosity seeping through his voice.

"I was planning on going to that waterfall that you took me to.
I thought it would be a fun way to celebrate your new position," I say winking.

He takes my hand and we walk down the path towards our secret place. The waterfall, where we are the only two people who have ever been there.

I strip down into my underwear and jump into the water. It's cool and refreshing, and it's the perfect place to celebrate. I look up towards Lucas. He doesn't move, doesn't make any attempt to jump in.

"What you waiting for?" I ask innocently.

"Nothing, I'm just enjoying the view," he winks.

I splash him with the cold water, laughing. He pulls off his shirt and grins evilly at me.

"Your going to regret that," he says slyly.

Then, without any warning, he cannonballs into the water, soaking me even more then before. Lucas dives down into the deep cold water. I stand, waiting for him to resurface. But he doesn't.

"Lucas!" I shout. I dive under but I can't see him. Where is he?

I resurface frantically. I turn around hearing laughter behind me. Standing on a rock, is Lucas. That sneaky son of a.....

"Come on," he calls. "There's something I want to show you."

I swim towards the edge of the water, and Lucas reaches his hands down to pull me up. He pulls me into a hug, while playing with my wet hair.

He grabs my hand and leads me up the path, away from the water and towards a cave. It's covered in lush green moss, and has a faint earthy aroma.

I have to duck my head when we enter the cave. It's not that I'm really tall, the cave just had a really small entrance. We walk through the cave and go through an opening that was smaller then before.

The inside of the cave, well it's hard to explain but it's was like thousands of stars had made there home inside it. I sit myself down in the centre of the cave, simply looking at the crystals that glittered like stars.

"It's so beautiful," I whisper.

"It is nothing compared to your beauty," he says softly.

We sit in the cave for what seems like hours. But the time passes quickly. I could sit there, in his embrace, forever.