Chapter 15

Lucas decided that we needed to go on a proper date, have a chance to get to know each other more. He leads me back to the girls dormitory, and allows me to pick out some clothes to wear on our "date".

Standing alone in the dorm, I inhale the dusty air, trying to relax and remove the nerves which threaten to overwhelm me. I waltz over to the closet, and rifle through the clothes until I find something suitable.

I decide on a denim skirt, paired with a white blouse and black flats. It's comfy and casual, and exactly the look I am going for. I run a brush through my hair, and put on a small amount of lip gloss.

I run to the door, a foreign excitement controlling my body. I leap into Lucas's arms, and we both fall to the ground.

"Sorry," I say, embarrassed.

"That's ok. Wow, you must be excited, you practically bawled me over." He relies.

He takes my hand and we walk towards the parking lot. He pulls out a set of car keys and unlocks his car. Just to be clear, I didn't know that Lucas was loaded. He drives a Porsche for pete's sake.

I go to open the passenger door but he beats me to it. He starts the engine and drives out of the camp and onto the road. We drive for ten minutes until we reach a little town.

He parks in front of a diner, if you could even call it one. There is only one other car in the car park. Lucas opens the door for me and leads me to the diner. He opens the door for me, like a true gentlemen would.

"A table for two please," he asks the waitress.

"Right this way," she says gesturing us to follow her.

She leads us to a small both at the back of the restaurant. She hands us our menus as we take our seats.

"Just call me over when your ready to order," she says with a wink.

I growl, unable to hold it in. Seriously, is she hitting on my mate. Someones got a death wish apparently. Hearing my growl, Lucas grasps my hand and presses his lips against it.

"You are the only one for me," he says, his eyes looking into mine.

"Fine," I scowl.

Lucas winks at me and throws me his killer smile. I crack a smile, unable to resist the happiness and comfort that Lucas brings me.

The rest of the date goes smoothly, the waitress kept her distance, the food was pretty good, and Lucas was a total sweetheart.

We went for a walk around this lake, the water was absolutely beautiful, and the trees where so lush. It was like a little piece of paradise. Just me, Lucas and the trees. And who can forget the ducks that waddled around the lake.

As it starts to get dark, we walk back to Lucas's car. I'm exhausted from the long day spent entirely with Lucas. What a perfect way to spend a day.

Once we get back we walk, hand in hand towards the common house, the place where all the wolves meet to discuss pack issues. I guess you could consider the death of the alpha a major issue.

As we get closer to the meeting room, we hear the arguments of the other pack members. Every person seems to be yelling at the top of their lungs.

As soon as we walk into the room, every voice goes quite. So much for a subtle entrance. Lucas drags me to the centre of the room and clears his thought.

"The death of the Alpha is a issue that needs to be resolved. I declare that we have a vote for who the next alpha of the pack will be." He says, his voice ringing with authority.

"I vote for Lucas," I say, surprising not only myself, but every other person in the room.

"I vote for Lucas too..." another girl pipes.

Soon every person in the room is calling out Lucas's name. The candidate is obvious, Lucas is the new alpha.