Chapter 20

The next morning, I awake to find clothes strewn all over the floor. What the hell! Did we get robbed?

I rub my eyes and spot Lucas in the corner bending over a suitcase. God, his butt looks super cute. He turns and grins, noticing me watching him.

I roll my eyes at him and get up to go help him pack. He is trying to zip up a suitcase, but it is so full that it will only zip up half way.

I reach over and push the clothes down firmly, then I grab the two upon sides together and slowly zip it up. I give him a proud look and he looks at me with mock, awe filled eyes.

"Praise Leah, the one person who can zip up a suitcase," he says, bowing in front of me.

"I know, I know, I'm a goddess." I say, batting my eyes.

"No, a goddess is not even close to being as beautiful as you." He says wiping a stray hair from my face

Man, way to make it awkward. I've never been good at dealing with this kind of stuff. I'm not a romantic, but I enjoy a guy who compliments his girl.

I give him a soft punch in the gut before heading over to the closet to grab some clothes. I had moved in with Lucas after the incident with Aaron. He had become way more protective then before, which was kind of a bummer.

We hadn't done anything yet, well, other then kissing. I can't tell he doesn't think I'm ready. We don't really talk about it much because I try to avoid the conversation as much as possible.

I grab the suitcase next to Lucas and shove my stuff in, not bothering to fold any of it. I run into the bathroom and brush my teeth, before packing it into my suitcase along with my hairbrush, and, um, you know, feminine hygiene products.

I hear a quiet knock at the door and call out "come in."

Jacob steps over the piles of clothes lying around the room, while heading over to me. He gives me a weird look.

"Wow Leah, I never pictured you as the type of girl who threw her clothing around the room like it cost nothing," he says eyeing the lingerie in the corner of the room.

I swiftly walk over and cover it with a jumper lying on the ground. Jacob gives me an embarrassed look.

"I'm not the one that threw the clothes everywhere, it was Lucas." I say, my hands on my hips.

His face shows that he's shocked. I elbow him and he flinches while rubbing his arm.

"What, you didn't think a guy could be messy," I say, the attitude leaking from my words.

"Anyway," he says, obviously trying to change the subject. "I was actually going to talk to Lucas about something."

Lucas turns to look at him, and goes to sit down on the edge of the bed. I go plonk myself in his lap, uncomfortable with being so far away from him.

"Um, I kinda wanted to speak to you in private," Jacob says, his voice addressing Lucas.

"Ok," I say, getting up off of Luca's lap and leaving the room.

I don't listen by the door because I'm not the kind of person who eavesdrops. I go into the kitchen and put some bread into the toaster.

What could they be talking about? And why couldn't I know? It's probably just something to do with the pack, just stop worrying.

The ding of the toaster brings me out of my thoughts. I grab a plate from the drawer, and butter my toast. Peanut butter is my favourite thing ever. It's the only toast topping that I have.

I grab the plate and head back to my room, forgetting the private conservation which was occurring behind the door. I'm about to turn the handle when I hear Jacob say my name.

I put my ear to the door, eager to hear what they are talking about.

"Look, you seem like a nice guy, but Leah's got a lot of baggage." Jacob says, his tone wary.

"I can cope with it, nothing will ever make me leave her." Lucas replies.

"Did you know that her first love dumped her for her cousin." Jacob asks, "did she tell you how she was the only female wolf in the pack? Did she tell you how every member of the pack disliked her?"

Lucas doesn't reply. Why? Is he rethinking his decision to be with me? Does he not want me because no one else did? Do I have too much baggage for him to cope with?

I run from the house, unable to hold back the tears which threaten to spill from my eyes. I run into the forest, not knowing where I was going, or even caring.

I run to the cave that Lucas showed me a few days ago. There, in the centre of the crystal cave, I cry out my heart and soul.

No one wants me, no one loves me, everything he ever said was all a lie.