Chapter 14

The warmth of the water calms and relaxes my straining muscles. I stand in the small shower, soaking up the heat of the water. What I would do for some shampoo right now.

I hesitantly, turn off the water and grab the towel hanging on the door. I make sure to thoroughly dry myself before changing into the clothes. I don't know how boys can stand it.

They hop out of the shower and out on their clothes without even drying themselves. I feel so icky wearing dry clothes when I am wet. Obviously boys are to dim to notice or care about these things.

I grab the comb lying next to the sink and try to brush through the bush that you would call my hair. I've never had good hair. It always seems to have knots, be to dry or be to oily.

I open the cupboard above the sink looking for some toothpaste and a toothbrush to find about twelve bottles of hair gel. What is it with guys and hair gel. This is one thing I will never understand.

Not finding any toothpaste, I settle on sculling some mouthwash I found lying in the cupboard. Hopefully Lucas won't mind. I mean, it was nearly out of date so technically I was doing him a favour.

Deciding that all the traces of my sleep where gone, I left the bathroom and walked into Lucas's bedroom. He mustn't have heard me enter because he didn't turn to respond. I place the towel and his bed and turn to let him know the shower is free.

He is standing shirtless, grinning at me. I try to keep my eyes on his face but, having no control of my body, I lower them down his front. He is muscly and has a six pack. I'm sweating just thinking about it.

"Hey, what you looking at?" He says, grinning.

"Just something really distracting" I reply, grinning as well.

"Well, why don't I help you retract your attention to something else," he taunts.

Without a word from mouth, he is kissing me. My god, the feel of his lips on mine could drive a person crazy. We stand there kissing passionately, the concept of time, unimportant.

The only thing that mattered was keeping his lips on mine.
It was more important then food, water, oxygen, the one thing that could make my heart pound and my blood boil. He pushes me back onto the bed, not breaking away from my lips.

"Lucas," I say pushing his chest.

"What," he says, still kissing me.

"We have to stop," I say, before I lose my self control.

He hesitates, and gets off of me. I pull down my top, which had started to edge up. Without saying a word, he leaves the room, slamming the door shut behind it. A few moments later, I hear the sound of the shower starting.

I sit on Lucas's bed, trying to process what just happened. Why is Lucas acting like that? Is it because I didn't want to go to far with him? Surely that can't be the reason.

I don't notice Lucas in the room until I feel his arms snake around my waist. He stands there not moving or reaching in for a kiss. Merely holding me, savouring my presence.

"What did I do wrong? Are you mad because I didn't want to go to far?" I stutter. "I don't mind, it's ok, seriously, if you want to we..."

"Shhhhhh!" Lucas says, covering my mouth with his hand. "I'm sorry, it was my fault. I wasn't thinking straight, my wolf..., he got upset when you pushed me away, he felt like you were rejecting us. But you were right to push me away, I don't think any of us are ready for that stuff yet." He says calmly, enclosing my hand in his.

We sit there, our hands entwined, enjoying each other's presence. We are both satisfied with this small amount of contact, nothing else is needed.