Chapter 7: Good Son

Uncle Brad is back!!
I wouldn't get rid of that pretty face so quickly, especially since he's being played by Thomas Davenport!!
Uncle dearest has a creep factor, full of contradiction bordering on crazy!
I love it.

With Luv,
Oneechan

=========================================================================

Brad's POV

On rainy nights like these, old memories usually tended to come back to me.  Though they weren't nostalgic memories. They were flashbacks of events that I'd blocked off from my mind. Sometimes they were forceful and sometimes they crept up to me, which leave me spacing out.

The stiff whiskey in my hand felt warm and I sat in my reading couch looking at my last bottle of Saphris.  This wasn't the specific meds I needed but I could only fake my prescription papers to a certain point. 

My family is a well off family; but it's exactly the warm and loving type. Anything we did, say or speak could be used against us. God forbid any type of scandal that would threatened the Arons' reputation. My sister was living proof that you don't threatened the reputation of the family name. 

She had already been betrothed to someone else. So for her to intentionally put the name of the family at risk, gave her balls of steel. Obviously, depending how bad the shame was, Father always seemed to be able to cover up our indecencies at a costly price.

Since she had gotten knocked-up out of wedlock, our sister got sent off to God knows where. I hadn't seen her once since then. She used to call our Mother a few times a month before she started getting sick. We were pretty far in age; her being around 15 and I being around 3 or 5. Either way, I was old enough to know that you don't go against Father's orders.  

I had no reason to abandon what they had already planned for me. Don't get me wrong, I wish I had the courage to break away from the cycle. I'm not Blake or my sister. My motivation to become better was spurred on only when Blake finally left the main house. More like he was sent to a privately owned rehab center for a year or so. 

Like any other person whose brought shame into the Arons' house hold, Blake ended up being removed.  As for me, I saw my chance and stepped up to the plate. After all, I was damn near invisible to my folks. So invisible that I had started thinking that maybe I wasn't even real.  

In that aura of invisibility, I found Susan. Technically, she had found me when she tried to sell me some little cocaine in a bag at what I think was one of Shelby's many house parties. Susan wasn't my exact cup of tea since everything about her spelled out trouble. She was the pretty daughter of one of my father's money hungry subordinate. The first time I saw her, her beauty hit me in the gut, but just like people of our status, she was also instructed to 'find herself a rich man'. 

That was when she was formally introduced to Blake as an arrange marriage type of agreement. Susan had gone to our high school, but he hadn't even known that simple fact. As far as I knew, Blake wasn't interested in anybody since he skipped most of his classes to get high with the stoner click. 

 By marrying into a wealthy household, Susan would be set for life.   

There was something destructive in her that called out to the 16 year old me. Back then, I was thirsty for attention. I was deprived and she gave me a place to belong. There was a small cabin up in the mountains that her parents owned. There she brought me into her personal world and shared her darkness with me, along with a bunch of other bad influences that I should have probably stayed away from.