Chapter 13: History

Hi Ghoulies. 

I'm kind of fed up with Blake right now. So I'll give you a short perspective on Blake's past through the outlook of our mystery character Jerome. From what I hear Jerome and Blake were secretly a bit chummy. What happened?

Onee-chan

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jerome's POV

Females are cute, graceful and beautiful ceatures. I was raised to believed this through out the years but as time would have it, I also started finding some of the guys cute, graceful and rivaling the beauty of some girls.

When I read it up online, they said it had something to do with a spectrum? I don't know the reason, but I just never bothered to tell anyone about it. It my business who interested me.

I didn't make it known publicly nor did I rejected the idea of being into guys if someone was to outright ask me. I saw no need to deny it and my teammates quickly found out. While some spurned me, some didn't and to my surprise, some even sent me subtle hints. Testing waters maybe.

Of course the news spread like wildfire as I expected. It was one of the many talents of the bored students at our little private school. 

At the time, I was putting some distance between some of the member's that I knew weren't tolerating me. Even though I had become Captain,  me being also into guys put a strain on the team. After games, I wouldn't go to the after party deciding that it was the best choice.

Shelby, being the rebel sister whom I hated to love, forced me to go to one of the game's after party. I had already told everyone I wasn't going because I knew not everyone was comfortable with me. I didn't want to make people feel awkward.

Like all parties, if not most, I found myself in the middle of a truth or dare game. With some enpty beers and half a bottle of a vodka mix in my hand, I was far beyond sober.

A couple of guys present, were sending me winks and bringing me drinks, treating me different; like a guy trying to score. I mean, I wasn't all that opposed to anything right then and there, but it felt weird being treated like a chick.

Then came the questions, "So! Jeeerroome~~" Shelby sing-sung as everyone made a 'uuuhhh' sound in unison. "Truth... or Dare?" she asked. Her eyes looked way too evil for me to risk choosing a Dare.

"Truth," I answered instantly and the crowd crowed in disappointment. "Listen to y'all bunch of weirdos. You're all so eager to see me do something gay or what?" 

"Oh hell yeah," Shelby burst out and everyone joined in the laughter. 

In my drunken state, I still remembered wondering at how my initial negativity got to me. Here I was, with a group of very accepting people. To think that I had once thought that they'd scorn me or something. Call me a bit sappy, but it made me feel a little emotional. 

"Shhhh!" Shelby continued as she tried to quiet down everyone.

She was looking sly, and she held the beer in her hand like a crucifix. I hoped that I had chosen the right choice, because the way she was looking at me, made a 'dare' seem safer than the choosing Truth. "Fine. Since you pussied out me... you have to tell me the Truth… in front everyone in this very room..." she paused for dramatic effect, "out of anyone in our school, who would you choose for your gay debut?"