Chapter 16: Purification

Onee-chan's sorry Ghoulies!! *cries*

It's so hard to update these stories when I'm on Day Shift at work!!!! Going back on Night Shift next month, and you'll have updates every 2 weeks again.

------- But Onee-chan hopes you like this chapter and commends those who voted and commented during the absent. *sniffs* *sniffs* I love you dead people!!!

-------... as it turns out Jaden wants to be PURIFIED by Blake. PPUURRIIIFFIIEEDD!!
Fufufufu...

Enjoy!!!!
Onee-chan

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jaden's POV

Due to the distraction of Neil and Bax's constant bickering, I didn't realize how much they took my mind off of Blake. At least until I reached the front lawn. Either way, I did enjoy seeing some new reactions out of Neil. I'm not even sure that I should be worried about him, unless it had to do with his inner stubbornness. 

Alas, I didn't get a chance to ask what went on between the two.

As I slinked back home, I stared at the red door and at the house that was filled with Blake's every scent. Maybe I should take a walk around the block. Looking at the time on my phone, it was too late for a student to be out. In reality, I was just trying to make another excuse to avoid Blake.

I needed to brace myself before looking at Blake in the face. I'd have to pretend that seeing him smile, didn't hurt me. He'd smile but there would be that gut wrenching sadness in his eyes. It would be all my fault. I was the one who made him etch such a face all because of my selfishness. The more those ideas floated up in my head, the more I didn't feel like to enter the house.

I reached the porch, but felt my feet get cold under me. It was almost comedic how I did a 180 turn heading back unto the streets like some stray dog. Blake didn't need to feel like he was guilty of something. He obviously did nothing wrong.

"Jaden Bradley Arons."

The vocalization of my full name had me frozen in place. Susan had always called me Bradley when she was mad. Turning around, I saw a version of Blake that I secretly went crazy for since forever. His hair was a bit dishevelled and he had on his trademark 'dad' apron suggesting that he had been cooking. Blake's sleeves were rolled up nice and neat, as he distractedly wiped his hand in a washcloth.

"Glad to see that you've finally decided to join me," he stated from the doorway.

Standing awkwardly in the yard, I scratched my head weighing my options. If I walk away, I would only be acting like spoiled brat- not a very grown up way to handle things... I think. Just speaking to him was already bringing back the dull ache that I had been able to ignore until that very moment.

"Actually, I was just about to get some fresh air," I lied.

I wanted to run away with my tail between my legs. Sure, I wanted to go back to how we were, how we used to be, but looking at it now, it was impossible. I just cared for him a little bit too much to pretend that I could forget about it. It was his fault too in a way. If he would only properly reject me, then I wouldn't have to play peek-a-boo with my emotions.

"Perfect, dinner is ready," he said walking back inside, his eyes not giving anything away. He had a look that said he was putting his foot down.

"Blake, I don't think you understand," I tried again, more anxiously.

"I don't huh? We should talk about it over lunch," he threw over his shoulders.

Damn it Blake! I know you heard me.