Chapter 24: Lady Arons

Wah!!!!! Ghoulies... sooo sorry !!! I didn't think it would take this long to edit this book. *does a dogeza* You guys know when I take too long to upload, that I end up giving you double chapters. <3 

I planned to release Uncle Dearest on the 1st of August but things didn't go as planned. Bare with me my ghouls. Onee-san has you! 

Anywhos~~ Enjoy
Onee-san

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jaden's POV

As bewildered as I was, there was some part of me that wanted to know who the Arons were. After all, they were the ones who brought Blake into this world.

If Blake got the blood he needed in the nick of time, was she the one? All this while, I'd sort of made my idealogy about the Arons from what I'd been told. There wasn't a part of me that thought they'd help.

"No one was really notified upon Brad's release from the psychiatric center. It seems that he's been off his medication for a couple years now. Still, I give him credit for being able to live under the radar so long. His psychosis doesn't seem severe but he is a bit detach from the reality of the 'now'," Officer Bergens explained.

"It's more like he was conflicting this reality with the past. He kept calling me Susan.... and in the brief moments he realized it was me, he tried to stop himself but even so..." I explained recalling his behavior.

"Well, I mean, it didn't help that he was also taking some type of hallucinogens to keep himself under control. He even manage to open up that office of his using his mother's maiden name," the officer dryly chuckled. "He played us well."

As I sat there thinking about the look in Brad's eye. Though vacant, the times he was conscious about me and not Susan, then he'd have a painful glare in his eyes. How could I have even known that Brad had been institutionalized? Did Blake know? After all that's happened, what was I suppose to think?

Some thing came back to me. I didn't want to ask, but just as a human being, I believe that I should know. "Officer, one of the guys who took me, had said that Susan didn't actually run away. "

The officer's face was suddenly unreadable and he just gave me the cheesiest fucking quip that would piss off anyone.

"That information is confidential."

"What the hell do you mean?" I asked irritatedly. "Don't I have a right to know?! She started this mess, and you guys just clean it up just to save a surname from tabloid gossip. Is that it?"

Suddenly, the door to my patients' room flew open and a lady with graying blond short hair sauntered in like she owned the place. Her eyes skimmed over everyone; her face in a scowl as if they were all mere cockroaches. Then her striking pair of blue eyes landing on me. Her thin red painted lips stretched into a tight awkward smile.

"You're the spitting image of her," she stated.

"Ah, Lady Arons, that was pretty quick," the officer said looking around a bit flustered, "Mr. Arons couldn't make it, I assume."

So she's the mother of Blake huh? They didn't much look alike to me, except the eyes. The only difference was that Blake's eyes can both be striking blue and a little green depending how the light caught him.

The lady clicked her tongue and waved off the police man. "That's alright Bergens. You can take your leave," she answered in a very dismissive tone. "You're mother committed suicide in that cabin. Her family abandoned their assets in fear of retribution, which included that cabin. As for what I think, it was best, " Well that's kind of harsh, I thought. "She did try to lure my sons into her mental grave of munipulation."