4.

"There is a complication." The doctor said in a grim voice.

Hannah and Aiden were siting in front of the doctor. Hannah was almost 22 weeks pregnant and any complication now was serious. They both looked as pale as walls of the room, white, no colour on their faces.

"She has preeclampsia. It is a condition in pregnancy characterized by high blood pressure, sometimes with fluid retention and proteinuria, that is protein in urine."

"But, how...? I don't understand, I have been taking so much care. I have been doing everything  by the book....! I.." Aiden held Hannah's hand to calm her down, she was about to hyperventilate. But given the news, Aiden, too, was going through the same tension.

"So, what do we do now? Abortion?" He risked a glance at Hannah whose eyes widened, not with fear but anger.

"Abortion! No! We are having this child!"

"Her best option is delivering the child." The doctor said solemnly. "There is a risk of fatality to both mother and the child, but in her condition, our best bet is the delivery. We will have to be careful from now. I will prescribe you a few medicines and increase the number of your check ups and then let's hope for the best."

Aiden and Hannah held each other's hand as they still struggled to breath. Everything had changed with this news but they didn't know that the in the coming future, more was about to change.