12.

Aiden walked out of the room which had a tense atmosphere from all the discussion that had taken place.

Did he really want to send his child away? Was he ready for the fact that he will never see her again?
It was the first time he considered her not as creature that had killed his wife but as his own daughter. It was the first time he had thought of her since the the time she was born.

He kept walking in long corridors of his house. These corridors where he wanted his daughter to learn to walk, learn to run. Hannah and he had bought this place because of its vast size which will have enough room for their daughter to have fun.

They had bought this house for her.

He vaguely remembered where he was walking until his feet stopped in front of a door.
He looked up at the door.

It was his daughter's room.

He had subconsciously walked towards his daughter's room.

He looked at the metal door knob.

His hand reached for the door knob.

His hand hovered above the door knob.

One minute.

Two minutes.

Three minutes.

Four minutes.

Five minutes.

Aiden stood outside the door. His hand was still hovering above the door knob.
He was still looking at the door. He wanted to go in, inside the room that he had decorated for his daughter.

He wanted to go inside.

He wanted to go inside?

He wanted to see his daughter.

He wanted to see his daughter?

Aiden closed his eyes, pulled his hand back, stepped back from the door and walked away.

No, he didn't want to see the creature that killed his wife.