11.

"How can you put your own child for adoption?" Hannah's mother breathed.

"I told you-" Aiden tried to speak but Hannah's father stopped him.

"Look boy, we will not have our granddaughter being taken away from us by someone else. She is ours too."

"Sir, I am not having it in my house anymore!"

"Then where will she go? This is her home."

"No, it's my house and I will decide who shall stay in it and who shan't."

"So, you will just leave your daughter?" Hannah's parents asked, still astonished by his decision.

"In hands of capable people, yes."

"Have you ever thought of how Hannah would feel about this? She was Hannah's daughter too!"

Aiden gulped. He didn't know how Hannah would have felt about this, because if she was here, this wouldn't be happening in the first place. He wanted this child as much as Hannah did, but not at the cost of her life. Now that she is gone, he doesn't want it, for it reminds him of the dreams Hannah and he had dreamt for this baby. Each dream had Hannah, helping him, loving him and he cherishing her.

"You think you know best, think about what she would have said to you when she would have heard what you are doing!" His father in law's voice brought him back into reality.

"I don't know what she would have said, for if she was here, this wouldn't have be happening."

"Why are you doing this with your own child?" His mother in law pleaded.

"Because of what it did with its mother! Besides you both had said that I have an responsibility towards it, so I am just fulfilling my responsibility. That is all!"

"This is how you-" but the parents could never do finish their sentence.

"I have decided and I am not changing my decision!" Aiden prepared to leave the room.

"Then listen to what we have decided," Hannah's father's voice stopped him in his tracks, "you cannot put our granddaughter for adoption. You don't want her, fine! We will take her with us. We will raise her."

"Fantastic. I don't have go under the tiring process of adoption!" Aiden replied.

"But you will not be allowed to meet her ever again." Hannah's father finished announcing.

"Oh what are you talking?" His wife tried to talk to him out of this.

"Yes Molly, if he doesn't want his child, can't even treat her right, then why should he get the chance to see her."

"Works well for me." Aiden said after a few seconds. "You just read my mind. I will ask my lawyer to meet us tomorrow." And with that, he left the room.