Chapter 19: Revealed pt 3

Bella POV

As I lay here limp and unconscious.. Darkness.. is all I was able to see. I could hear everything that was happening around me, I just couldn't move or see anything. These were the times I wish Edward could hear my thoughts. Suddenly, I felt a cold hand touch mine.

"Bella, my sweet Bella wake up please." I heard my husband beg.

I tried moving my fingers, and surprisingly they moved. My action caused Edward to jump, but He recovered quickly and gave my hand a squeeze.

"Come on Bella, open those beautiful eyes." He said. I could hear the smile creep upon his gorgeous face.

I struggled for a Moment, but after a while, my lashes fluttered open, revealing my husband's beautiful flawless face.

He smiled. "How you feeling love?" He asked.

I sighed, sitting up. "Fine, just thirsty." I said, rubbing my throat.

He laughed. "Yeah I bet, you've been out for about a day now." I gasped.

"Really??" I asked stunned, He nodded.

"Um, Bella?" He asked.

"Hmm?" I responded.

"There's one question I've been wanting to ask." He said.

"Shoot." I replied.

"Why did you faint In the first place?" He asked.

I thought back to the conversation Carlisle and I had In the woods. Edward gave me an odd look.

"I um.. Um.. don't know." I stuttered out.

He arched a eyebrow and nodded.

"Well let's go hunting eh?" He suggested, holding out his hand. I nodded, getting up off the table and heading out the door.

On the way down the stairs, we ran into Carlisle, and out cousins from Danali.

I looked up at Edward. "What are they doing here?" I asked.

"They're here to help us with the Voltarri." He replied.

As we walked past everyone, i said my Hello's and I put a shield on Carlisle's thoughts, just In case Edward thought about reading them.

Edward POV

As Bella and I walked past everyone, I noticed I couldn't read Carlisle's thoughts anymore.

I looked at Bella who seemed to be too preoccupied with saying hi to everyone else.

I shook off my thoughts and headed outside with Bella scurrying behind me.

We walked down the porch stairs, when we saw Ness and Jake exiting the woods, and walk towards us.

"Hey Mom, hey dad." Ness greeted.

"Hey honey." Bella said, as she embraced her.

"Hey Jake, you guys have fun?" Bella asked. He nodded hesitantly, which raised a flag with me.

I saw the image of Ness And him making out flash through his mind.

I let a low growl escape my lips, which earned me a warning glare from Bella.

Ness quickly pulled Jake away from us, as we sped off into the forest.

"You really should give Jake a chance." Bella said, once we stopped running.

I scoffed, "You really should tell me why In the hell I can't read Carlisle's thoughts anymore?"

She looked at the ground, fumbling with her fingers. "I don't know what your talking about." She argued back.

"Oh please. ! You and I both know what I'm talking about." I said, taking my voice.

She was about to respond, when I suddenly zoned out. I listened carefully to my surroundings, and picked up on someone else's thoughts.

"Edward did you hear me??" She asked.

"NO, Sorry, but we have to go now!" I yelled.

"Why?" She asked as I took her hand and sped back In the direction of the house.

"We'll discuss it when we get home." I said.

I increased my pace, leaving Bella trailing shortly behind. Once the house came into view, I raced up the porch stairs and burst through the front door.

Everyone turned to look at me, worry present In their eyes. Bella walked In shortly after me and looked almost as confused as I did.

"What's wrong?" She asked.

Carlisle stood up from the couch and walked over to us.

"They're waiting for us." He said.

"What?" I asked.

'The Volturi!' Tanya screamed In her thoughts.

"Who-" Bella began, but I cut her off.

"The Volturi." I replied.

"What?! When did they get here.?" She asked.

"We don't know, but they're waiting for us In the clearing." Carlisle stated.

Bella scoffed, "What makes them think We'll meet them?"

"Yeah, I mean let's get Ness and just stay here." I suggested.

Carlisle sighed, while everyone else know the room looked sad.

"They have her..." He whispered.

"C-c-come again?" Bella stuttered out.

"They have Reneesme." Jake said walking through the door.