Chapter 30: Lies

Melina POV

"Where are we going?" The hybrid asked for the thousandth time.

I groaned internally. "For the millionth time, you'll see when we get there."

The rest of the run was silent. I ran through the forest, ducking and dodging tree branches, and avoiding collisions with bushes. My destination finally came into view. An old abandon building, inside Maria and the hybrid's sister resided.

I let her off my back, once in front of the entrance.

"What is this place?" She asked.

"The place where I'm holding your sister." I said, as I began to walk inside.

Her shuffled footsteps were heard behind me, as She followed.

We turned a corner, coming across a long hallway, with a steel door at the end.

"In there?" She asked, pointing to the door.

I frowned. "Geesh kid, you ask a lot of questions."

She frowned also. "Just curious."

We came to the end of the hall, and I opened the door Slowly, revealing Maria, and Roslice tied to a chair.

Maria smiled when She saw me. "Mel, dear friend.. any news?" She asked.

I smiled slightly. "They're considering it.."

Her smile faltered. "But..?"

"Her parents are persistent and will not stop until they have her." I said, looking at Roslice, who struggled against the restraints.

Maria faced her. "Now, now, little one.." She said trailing off.

Reneesme hid behind me a little as She spoke.

"You're going to write your family a letter.. informing them that your fine, you just ran away.. That Melina was bluffing, She even helped you, giving you a shelter blah blah, all the good stuff." She finished.

I furrowed. "How will that help me?"

She smiled widely. "The Voltarri will Thank you for helping their beloved, and reward you."

I pondered for a bit. "That might work." I said, pointing my finger widely.

Maria smiled. "Of course it will, I came of up with the idea."

I laughed, and walked over to look out the old dusty window.

"A little narcissistic.." The hybrid murmured, catching Maria's attention.

"Excuse me.?" She asked.

Before She could respond, we heard howls in the background. Maria gave me a panicked glance, and (vampire) sped over to me.

"Untie her.. Make her write.. I'll go give the hybrid back to them." She spoke quickly.

In one swift motion, She sped back to the other side of the room, capturing the hybrid by her arm and dragging her down the long hallway.

I walked over, untying Roslice from the chair, and sitting her down in front of a sheet of paper, and a pen

"Write, and don't make a sound." I threatened.

She nodded, and grabbed the pen. As She wrote, I stole a glance outside, to see What was going on.

Below, there stood the pack of mutts, and Maria and the hybrid on the opposite side of them. I listened in close just in case.

"I want no trouble, here have her back." Maria pleaded, pretending to be harmless.

The mutts exchanged glances, but one in particular, seemed not to care about the hybrid.