Chapter 22: Forever Yours

Carlisle Point of View

I was speeding through the forest at an unpeciable speed, I needed fresh air, some time alone.

I had decided to go hunting, after the little argument with Edward. This day had been more than enough for me, ya know with the whole 'everyone knows my dirty little secret' thing. I never wanted people to find out, at least not that way, not by force. I wanted to wait until I was ready, ya know, so that at least in my mind, I was mentally prepared.I feel judged, the bad guy in this scenerio. I hate what they've done to this situation, how they manipulated it, twisted it into something that it's not. I wasn't the only one who made a mistake, Bella was there too! I didn't do this on my own, and as much as I hate to admit it to myself, I don't regret nor hate Rosie, how could I? I made her, she's my only child. I knew from the start that she was mine, I could feel the connection, the pull of emotions I showed towards her. How sympathetic I was towards her. I guess I was so mad about the divorce, that I guess, I blamed Roslice. When really it was my fault, I shouldn't have slept with Bella, knowing that she was my son's wife.

By now, I had stopped running, and had stopped in the meadow Bella and I had talked in a couple days ago. She was so beautiful that day. The way her hair flowed effortlessly down her back, the way her golden eyes sparkled in the sunlight, as did her pale skin. Carlisle stop it! That is Edward's wife, you can't think of her that way.

"You're right.." My son's voice hissed behind me.

I turned aroound, to see him leaning against a tree, looking pretty pissed. "Edward please don't read my thoughts." I said calmly.

He chuckled, "Why? Need more privacy, so you can think about my wife some more?"

I shook my head, "No, I just need some time to get things figured out." I said, as my thoughts randomly drifted off to the night Bella and I, unexpectedly concieved Roslice.

He growled. "Carlisle! One more thought about my wife and I won't hesitate to hurt you."

"Edward, I don't think you understand my feelings-" He cut me off.

"You're right! I don't, I've never cheated on my wife, let alone thought about another woman.. in or away from her presence." He said.

"You don't get it, Edward it was a mistake!" I argued back.

He laughed sarcastically. "Not from what Bella tells me."

"What?" I question.

"Don't play dumb with me!" He roared.

"Edward I don't know what your talking about." I stated truthfully.

"You pursued her, she asked you to stop, but you continued, until eventually, she gave in." He stated.

I furrowed my eyebrows. "That's crazy Edward!"

In an instant He had me against a tree, with his hand wrapped around my throat.

"Are you calling her a liar?" He asked through cleched teeth, letting me go, as he returned to his place against the tree

"No, but I'm telling you that's not what happened." I stated.

"Well, why don't we go ask Bella, hmm?" He suggested, and I just nodded.

We sped back to the house, and through the front door, only to find the house empty.

"Bella!" Edward called out, as I walked into the kitchen.

I noticed piece of paper sitting on the table, signed with Bella's name.

"Edward! in here." I called out, as I picked up the letter.

Edward came speeding in, but stopped short as he saw the note in my hand.

Dear Edward and Carlisle,

If you are reading this, then that means one of 2 things. One, Edward didn't kill you Carlisle, and two you've realized I'm no longer there. That's because I'm already on my way to the Voltarri. I don't deserve to live, I cheated on my mate, with his father in my human life, concieved 2 children, one belonging to both of you. Carlisle, go to her, be the father she deserves. Although I never showed much love for her, doesn't mean you should follow in my footsteps. As for you, Edward, I'm so sorry, I've hurt you so mcuh, there's no way I can be forgiven, I'm sorry for lying to you. Don't be mad at Carlisle, he didn't pursue me, it was completly permitted. I just couldn't bear to tell you the true story, and see your reaction. I'll always love you, but as of now it'll be from a far. Goodbye you two.

Forever Yours, Bella

"Let's go!" He roared, running for the door.

"Where?" I asked dumbfoundly.

"To Volterra, I will not let her kill herself! I need her." He stated, before speeding out the door. I guess he was right, She didn't need to die because of a mistake made by the both of us.

I took one deep breath, and slowly exhaled. "Volterra, here we come." I said, speeding out of the front door.