Chapter 2

It felt like I was only asleep for five minutes when Kyle woke me up.

"Get up Alex." He said.

"No." I pouted covering my eyes.

"Did you take a shower yesterday?" he asked.

"Of course I did. Right before you got to my house actually." I muttered.

"Good." He said.

I opened one eye and he was leaning towards me.

"Don't touch me, Kyle." I said.

"Too late." He smirked.

He slid his arm under my waist and put his other one under my legs. He picked me up and slung me over his shoulder.

"Let go of me!" I said, hitting his back.

"Take care of our bags, will you sir?" Kyle said, to one of the attendants as we walked to the steps.

The man nodded and disappeared inside. Kyle walked down the steps, breathed in and out, and looked around.

"Lovely country isn't it?" Kyle asked.

"I don't know. I can't tell!" I grumbled.

"You should've woken up." Kyle said.

"And you shouldn't have touched me." I said.

I took my hands and grabbed his torso, (uper muscular by the way, and kneed him in the shoulder as hard as I could. It really wasn't very hard because this was Kyle, he wasn't the bad guy, and didn't really do anything wrong. He yelped a little and let go of my legs. I held on to him tighter and flipped myself off of him. I landed squatting on the ground then stood up. He turned around rubbing his chest and grinned at me.

"Very impressive, Alexandria." He said.

He always called me by my full name when I did something good or he really wanted to annoy me. The only people who could call me that were my parents and important people they work with. To everyone else, I was Alex.

The attendant came and was about to carry our bags to the car but I stopped him, took my bag out of his hand and smiled. I slung it over my shoulder and walked close to Kyle.

"Yes I know. Now, let's get going, we can't keep Ms. Haleson waiting." I smiled and patted his chest.

I stepped past him and into the car. I heard him sigh and he came up next to me and put his bag in the trunk. We got in and he looked over at me.

"Why do you do this to me?" he asked.

"You ask me that a lot. And my answer is and always will be, because I know you like it." I smiled.

He tried not to smile back, and we were headed for the city.

"So where are we going? Like what city?" I asked, looking out the window.

"I don't know. I'm just going where the mansion is." He said, and I rolled my eyes.

About 20 minutes later we were in and driving past the city.

"What's this lady's address?" I asked.

"She owns a bakery, and that's the only address we get. So that's where we're going." He said.

He told our driver the address and we pulled up to the curb. It was a small cozy looking place. We could see people through the window talking, drinking coffee, and eating. I wasn't even paying attention and realized it was morning here. If we were back home it would be 2 in the morning. Here its 8.