chapter 1

My day started off normal enough, that is if you can call my life normal.

I started off by picking my favorite outfit, a red blouse with a blue bow at the top and a blue skirt with red swirling designs embroidered down the side. To top it all off I pull my hair into a side braid.

Feeling satisfied with my apperance I get ready to head out the door and to school.

I know what you're thinking, " Isn't this a bit too fancy for a day at school?"

Well at Berk high you can never be unprepeared , which is exactly why I make sure to always look my best. ( plus it doesn't hurt to be one of the most popular girls at school.)

I make my way out of my room and down the stairs to my kitchen where I find my father sitting at the dining table doing business work.

Oh! I forgot to mention my father Aaron Hofferson, is one of the most important businessman in America, well thats my opinion because he's way to modest to admit it. He's pretty much the big deal when it comes to buying and selling. Most of the time we have a pretty decent relationship, that is when I'm not running stop lights, and causing phone bills to go through the roof.

" ' morning sweet pea!" Dad says cheerfully.

"Good morning Dad" I said " so how did the meeting go last night?"

"Well , I'm glad you asked, its nice to see you interstested in what daddy does " He says stopping only to ruffle up my braid. "

"We dicussed ways the information gathered from our charts, and using the data we discoverd that...."

As you can probably tell ... i stopped listening. The only reason I asked him about his job was so that he wouldn't get atound to the car problem.

Remember when I was telling you about that "decent relationship" we have going on. You see.. I have happen to have a blue jeep that I drive to school everyday and I'll admit I'm not the best stopper..or parker,but the true reason I love to drive is because of the freedom.

I love to be able to make my own choices and chose my paths that I want to take and nobody else. I love being able to explore new places and do what I want without having to depend on anyone else for choices that will effect me in my road on the path to adulthood.
My dad only partly agrees with that. He believes that it is okay to make my own choices, but on the other hand he thinks that it is also okay to have to depend on others. This leads to a on going debate in the Hofferson household. My mom says that we're both right and will solve our differences in time.

I guess we are going to have to agree to disagree on the issue, because from what I see me and my dad aren't going to give each other breathing space anytime soon. What can I say arguing runs in the family.

Anyway, I slowly got up making sure to be as quickly and quietly as possible while he finished his debate about ... stuff .
I crept to the door, every once and a while checking behind me to make sure he was still distracted, when all of a sudden I bumped into something solid.

Scowling I looked up to see a smiling Hiccup looking down at me with amusement written all over his face.

"Hey - " he said as I quickly got out of my shock and pushed him out the door.

I turned around to get a glimpse of my dad to see him going back through his papers, his face tight with concentration as he sifted through each business project.

With one final look at my distracted I turned back on Hiccup, who was clearly trying not to laugh at my escape plan.

A simple word on Hiccup Haddock. He was problably my best friend, not counting my girl Ruffnut. Hiccup was usually around the house because of the fact that he is a student who my dad agreed to mentor, so that means I end up seeing a lot of Hiccup. Hiccup is pretty much like a another Hofferson, so he is used to our debates. Hiccup was about a foot taller than me with dark brown hair and vibrant green eyes. He graduated from his classes with honors in everyhing, so i guess he's kind of a genius in the making.

But if he's such a genius he should better than you get in my way.
"Dang it Hiccup, you almost had me screwed!" I said once we were out of earshot.
He shot me a crooked smile before replying" My bad Ash' I frogot you were escaping again."

"Ya know what Hiccup? I don't have time for this, I'm going to be late for school." I said edging around him and towards the door.

I was halfway before I realized I had forgotten something.I whirled on Hiccup who was whistling and smirking innocently at me.
I wasn't buying it.

"Hiccup Horrendous Haddock III if you dont give me back my keys I will end you!!" I shout/whispered at him.

"You have to catch me first Hofferson!" He said taking off down the hallway.

" You better not let me catch you Hiccup!" I said chasing him through the dining room.

" Oh don't worry you won't !"

I chased him through the house for a little while before i started to lose my patience. I mean c'mon he doesn't have to get to school at 8:00, like I do.
You know what? I don't have time for this. I waited for Hiccup to come down the stairs, while I hid behind the staircase, out of view.
I waited patiently until I heard footsteps coming down the stairs.
Without looking I tripped the victim causing them to fall face forward. Only when the culprit looked up could I see their face clearly.
Lets just say It wasn't Hiccup. Oh no, it wasnt Hiccup, whos amzing timing, planted him right next to me. No it wasn't Hiccip. ( who I am secrectly planning a funeral for.)

It was my Mom

*time skip*

" Astrid Ann Hofferson please explain to me why you just tripped me when i was walking down the stairs, and dont forget to mention why you aren't at school yet ... "

I guess you vould say my mom wasnt happy about the whole"accidently tripping her at the bottom of the stairs thing"
She had me and Hiccip explain the whole story , not to mention she gave us dirty looks the whole time.

"You, young lady, she pointed a perfectly polished acusing finger at me," are in big trouble when you get home from school. You're lucky you have to get to school, because if you didn't ... "

I didn't let her finish that thought. There was no way I was about to make my life harder right now.

Before I walked out the door i turned aroud a shot Hiccup a amused glance, and he responded by winking.

A/n : so what do you guys think?!
Plz comment and tell me what you think!!
Love you guys !!♥♥