chapter 11

"HE DID WHAT?!"Hiccup yelled, causing more than half the people in the bakery to switch their focus towards us.

I smiled at them, letting them know that everything was alright, and that Hiccup does not have mental issues. (Even though I pretty sure he was tiptoeing the line between sanity and insanity).

Anyway, in Hiccups mission to make my night "unforgettable", he took me to one of his favorite bakerys.

Even though I tried to cut down on the amount of delicacies, I eventually gave up and let lose.

I tried almost everything behind the counter.

With an assortment of crepes, cupcakes, and a stuff I didn't even know existed, how could a girl fight that?

During my time eye-balling the choices, Hiccup had just laughed and handed the lady the debit card saying"We'll take everything"

At first I was a little embarrassed. I didn't want him to think that I was some spoiled child who got whatever she wanted whenever she wanted it. And I definitely didn't want him wasting his money on me when I got allowance every week.

But when tried to deny him, he ignored me and gave the cashier his card, telling me that he insisted on paying on everything, and before I protest he grabbed my hand, and led me towards the nearest bench.

"So Astrid.." He said, giving me a pointed look.

I knew immediately what he wanted me to talk to him about, but how could I?

While I wasn't ready to tell Hiccup the whole story of what happened, I wasn't in the position to deny his questions, when he had just paid for my meal. So I started from the beginning.

Which is how we got to the "screaming and out-busting".

While I was touched by his caring nature,the last thing I needed was for my emotions to go crazy again.

Hiccup must've sensed my desperation, because he got up and slid onto the  bench beside me and said " Astrid I'm sorry if my emotions got away from me, but I can't help it. I just care to much to let a douche-bag like him take advantage of you."

His words hit home, and I could feel my mood melting away and giving in to Hiccup.

He was more than my best friend.

He was my comforter, my protector, and my shield against my insecurities. There was something about him that ignited a spark within me and made me realize that I really did need him.

Oh Hiccup, I thought  how would I have made it through tonight  without you?

"Thanks Hiccup"  I said, my cheeks heated up when I noticed just how close he was.

"Anytime Astrid" he said, smiling at me, which made me melt a little."but now that we have had our fancy dinner..its time too let the real fun began."

He pulled me off the bench and put his arm over my shoulder, leading me out of the bakery.

*time skip*

After we hit the arcade(where I pulverized Hiccup in donkey Kong)we walked around a little and played booth games.

It wasn't long before we had done everything in the outlet.

"Okay... theirs one last thing we have to do"he said smiling at me.

"What?" I asked giving him a curious glance.

"Theres just one place that... I think you'll like."he said"cover your eyes"

"What!Why?"I asked"your're not trying to kidnap me are you?"?

"As tempting as that sounds....no"he replied,as I shut my eyes and let him lead me.

As soon as I smelled the salty sea air I knew where he was taking me.Of course I was excited ,but also a little let down I thought he was taking me to a secret hideout or something. Not the  beach where I literally live off the coast of.

I took in a deep breath and and breathed in the ocean air. I could feel the sand in my toes and hear the waves crashing against the shore.

"You better not lead me off a cliff.."I threatened "cause if you do.."

"Shh.." Hiccup said.

"You did not just shh me!"I cried out indignantly

"Astrid please! Be quiet or you'll scare them away", he pleaded.

I ripped off my blindfold to find out that I was standing on the near side of the beach (at least its not off the cliff).

"Scare what away?"I asked, turning to Hiccup confused.

He only gave me a small smile and said "look down."

I glanced at the said for a moment trying to figure out what I was looking for, when I saw them.

Little eggs barely covered by the white sand.

I gasped when suddenly some of the eggs began to crack open and little heads began to peek out of the cracks. the baby turtles began to escape their shells and make a run towards the ocean.

I smiled as I watched them swim out into the ocean for the first time.They were just so cute it was hard not to feel a excited for them.

I looked at out Hiccup and saw him looking at me with a small smile on his face.

"what?"I asked him,feeling self-conscious.

"Nothing,I just like watching your reaction to my surprise"He replies sitting in the sand next to me."Just to think not to long ago you were whining to go home"

"I was not whining"i said pushing him into the sand.

"You where whimpering and blubbering like a baby"he said giving me a teasing smile.

"Shut up,Haddock"I said trying to get another shove in.But this time Hiccup learned his lesson and grabbed my hand before I could bury him in the sand. He grabbed my around my waist and pulled me against his chest and began to  tickle me viciously.  

"Give up yet Ash?"He said,laughing up a storm at my attempts of freedom.

"Nev..NEVER!"I half yelled,half wheezed."A Hofferson never admits defeat!"

After a few more seconds of torture Hiccup finally let me go. I looked out and realized that all the baby turtles had left and were out of view.

I guess we're too loud for them,I thought 

I turned to look at Hiccup and noticed that he wasn't looking at the baby turtles anymore.Instead he was looking at me,his gaze burning and contemplating.

It was then that I noticed how close he was,so close that I had a crystal view of his luminescent green eyes and the little cut right below his jaw. I could feel his breath on my lips and the warmth of his closeness.

I could feel my face heating up,but before I could say anything I noticed Hiccup's gaze drop down to my lips and back up my face again.

He seemed to be fighting with something in his head,from the way his brow was furrowed.He seemed frozen in his position and seemed to be contemplating something. 

Hiccup suddenly sat up and released my waist,which for some reason disappointed me.I found myself missing his touch and wanting for him to pull me back in again.

"Well.."I said awkwardly sliding off of his lap." I guess its time for me to get going home"

He stared at me for a couple of seconds then proceeded to follow my lead and start off towards the car. 

 I silently followed behind,my mind whirling.

Hello Fam!! Hows it going?Did ya like the chapter?I know some of yall have been waiting for some fluff,it was my duty to fulfill your wishes.Feel free to comment and vote(thats what the little icons are for) srry I haven't updated in a while thats why the chapter was over 1000 words just for you guys

                                         - demigodintheheart(xoxox fandom)