Chapter 14

The beach couldn't have come fast enough.

I walked towards the blue paridise,loving the feel of the gritty sand between my feet and the soft waves from the ocean. I breathed in a deep breath of salty air and sighed, content with the aura of the sea.

I sat down in the bech chair, patiently waiting for Hiccup's arrival. As I sat down in a chair and looked out into the everlasting blue ocean.

It had been so long since I had actually appreciated the beauty of the ocean. I snuggled deeper into the white sand and searched for Hiccup.

I didn't have to wait long before I saw a familiar figure in the distance. I smiled and stood up ready to race over and meet him. But something stopped me.

Hiccup was wearing black shorts with white sleeveless top ,but I couldn't help but notice his muscled arms and the way they flexed when he waved at me as he walked towards me.

I blushed and waved back halfhearted. The way he was dressed made me feel like a child playing dress up. I looked down at my bikini top (a simple royal blue)  and my shorts feeling a little childish.

I knew I should have wore the red top with gold trim, I thought tugging on my shorts,feeling embarrassed

I snapped out of my pity party when I realized that Hiccup was standing right in front of me with a big smile plastered on his face. I blushed,thanking the laws of science that he could not read my mind.

"Hey Ash, ready to get your swim on?" He said nudging me with his shoulder.

I jumped at the contact but replied" Ready as I'll ever be!"

What is wrong with me? I thought shaking my head slightly when Hiccup turned away, its like I've never seen a boy before.

As he slipped off his shirt I willed myself not to stare.

Hiccup not  noticing my lack of character pulled me towards the water before successfuly splashing salt water full into my face.

I coughed and sputtered as he roared with laughter. Pissed off,I spit some sea  water into his face,hitting him straight in the middle of the forehead.

Nothing like getting a mouth of seawater to make me snap out of it.

I laughed like crazy at his sour face" Jokes on you Haddock!" I yelled running away from him.

Hiccup wiped the water off of forehead and resumed chase.I had only gotten two steps before I tripped over a shell.Hiccup was on me before I could move over. I squealed as he grab around the waist and began walkimg me towards the deep ocean.

I hollered protest after protest but I was only met with laughter as he hoisted me higher and walked deeper into the water. I could feel the water covering my legs as he walked on.

"Hiccup stop!" I yelled " You're going to wet my shorts and ruin my hair. I pounded my fist on his back ( which was just as musceld as his arms,mind you) to no avail.He laughed louder and dumped me in the water

Suddenly I was met with a rush of cold salt water. I pushed upwards towards fresh air and stood up glaring at Hiccup,who  didn't have the sense to know he wasn't supposed to be laughing.

Suddenly a idea came to me.I jumped on Hiccup bringing him  down with me.

Now we're both soaking wet,I thought giddily  as I peered at Hiccup through my soaking wet hair.

"Truce?" I said giggling.

"Truce,but we will settle this later. " He grumbled helping me up.

I smiled taking his hand" Of course we will." 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After we had dried off we sat side by side under a palm tree enjoying the beach and each others company.

I closed my eyes and smiled to myself "this is the life."

I opened one eye and caught Hiccup staring at me. His green eyes glowing in the dark light and pinning me into place.I cleared my throat and looked away,not wanting to endure the inspection anymore.

"Why'd you do it ?"

I pulled myself from my thoughts  and cast him a perplexed gaze"Do what?"

He shufted on his hands to face me better "Act that way around April? Like you were really pissed off?"

I sighed and looked away"I was trying to help you. I mean she hadn't done anything the whole time leaving me to pull the load,but then you come in the room and she automatically smothers you. Tell me you wouldn't have been pissed off?" I said turning my attention back towards him.

He hadn't taken his attention off of me the whole time I was speaking. I tried not to blush at his attention and busied myself with picking at the sand.

I caught myself worrying about his questions.Why did I care when April flirted with him? Its not like we're dating or anything.He's allowed to be attractive to other girls and he can flirt with whoever he wants to. It wasn't my choice.

But even as I told myself these things,I couldn't help the resentment settling in the pit of my stomach.

I was jerked back to reality when Hiccup said" Were you jealous?" 

I reared back in defiance"I course not?!" I huffed out,but that didn't stop Hiccup from launching into a fit of laughter. He didnt believe me.

I could feel my face getting hotter by the minute as I mumbled " I'm not jealous." But I couldn't tell who I was trying to convice.

I wrapped my arms across my chest and tried to drown out Hiccups laughter.

He scooted closer to me chuckling "You have nothing to be jealous about little Astrid." I purposely looked in the other direction evading his eyes,knowing that if I looked I would be caught in them. I could still feel the lingering blush as he shifted closer to me.

"Astrid... look at me"He whispered sending shiver down my spine.He reached out towards me turning my chin gently in his direction."You have nothing to be jealous of... divine beauty." I blush harder at the mention of my namesake.Even through the beach air I could smell the lingering scent of mint.

I lost myself in his scent and before I could stop myself I started leaning into his touch involuntarily,never breaking eye contact.I breathed him in and allowed myself to be lost in his vibrant green eyes.

If I hadn't known any better I would swear I caught him drop his gaze down to my mouth before flickering towards my eyes again.

I didn't know what I was doing or why I was doing this at all,but I for some reason I really wanted this. I craved this and yearned for it.

I caught him lean in slightly and I reacted the action with a curve if my lip. I felt him slip his arm  around my waist pulling me closer.

Just as I was sure he would kiss me my phone rang causing us both to jump and blush. I ducked my head and dug for  my phone.

Was he trying to kiss me?! I thought as I pulled out my phone. My dad was calling.

I flipped open the phone"Hi Dad -"

"Astrid...You have to come home right now." His voice shook and I nervously dropped my smile" there something I need to tell you...its about your mother."

Hello fellow crazies!! So sorry I haven't updated sooner so I made this extra long chapter just for ya! More than 1200 words baby!! Anyway I waned to say how much I love you guys and thank you for reading this book. But how did you like that cliffhanger?*smirks evilly* Comment and vote plz to let me know

- demigodintheheart ♥