Chapter 10

I never thought that I would be in this type of situation.

First I get tricked into almost being kissed by a sleaze-ball like Snoutlout.

Then because of my pride and how I refused to let him take me home, I get stuck out here in the middle of nowhere next to a gas station (7/11 mind you) in the middle of nowhere.

He could have at least ambushed me somewhere close to my house.

I took a deep breath to compose myself and consider my options.

1. Mom, out of town

2.Dad, I might as well start picking out my color of roses I want at my funeral, not to mention where I want to be buried.

3.Ruffnut, her license was suspended as well,plus she wouldn't be up this late.(I love her, but evertime she drives she swears that the stop signs appears out of nowhere)

And all my other friend were out of question except for one...

Hiccup

I honestly didn't expect him to be up this late, so when I dialed the number I made sure to keep my fingers crossed.

One second

Five seconds

"Hello..."I heard

"Hiccup is that you?"I cried out in relief,earning an annoyed look from some guy sitting next to the store.I glared right back at him.

"What does the caller ID say?" He answered, I could hear a smile in his voice, and for some reason that calmed me, and made me relax.

"Hiccup can you come pick me up?"

"Well.."

"I know it's really late and you have to go too work in the morning and that you can't be bothered, because you have to get your sleep for your job...."I rambled, feeling tears coming up,but before I could continue babbling he cut me off.

"Astrid, I'm on my way."

*time skip*

As soon as I saw that oh-so-familiar  Mercedes Benz pull into the parking, let I let out a breath I didn't even know I had been  holding in.

As soon as the car came to a stop  Hiccup hopped out of it and rushed over to me, crushing me in a hug.I didn't  hesitate to squeeze back as hard as I could.

"Its okay" He said rubbing my back in soothing circles, and I realized that I had been crying.But something about his voice and the way he talked to me, held me made me feel safe and comfortable. I buried my head into the crook of his neck and breathed in his scent.He smelled of mint and chocolate, which really made me take a deep breath.

As much as his embrace conforted me, I hated myself for crying in front of him. I wanted to be seen as strong and brave, not as some whimpering baby.

  My breathing slowed down as I let him hold me a bit longer,before I reluctantly pulled away,immediately missing the warmth of his arms.

I had just noticed that I had been so focused on showing off my beautiful dress that I didn't bring a warm jacket.

"Cmon Astrid.." He said pulling me towards the car.I rubbed my arms and got into the passenger seat beside him.

He cranked the car up and pulled out of the drive way.

"Astrid are you going to tell me what happened?" He asked casting a concerned glance in my direction.

I shook my head

Not right now,I thought maybe later.

"Alright..."He said, and suddenly made a sharp turn to the right.

"HICCUP ARE YOU MAD?" I screeched.

"Maybe" he replied calmly, which made me even more concerned for his well being.

As I looked out of the window I noticed that we headed towards the beach.  By the fresh salty air that hit my nose, I could tell that we were driving right along the coastline.

I took a deep breath.

It had been a long time since I had been able to go to the beach.I mean, with my parents job and their constant travels, they hardly had any time to go spend a day in the sun, and forget their worries.

I breathed in the fresh air again  and thought back to all my childhood memories at the beach. The time I got stung by a jellyfish(which really hurt by the way), when I collected the most seashells, and when I used to race the other kids in the sand.

Out kf the corner of my eye I saw Hiccup smiling at me, his green eyes bright with joy and excitement. I turned and gave him a grateful smile, then returned my attention back to the ocean.

We soon entered a small dock area, where a lot of people were walking around enjoying themselves.

"Hiccup where are we going?" I asked

"Out to have a little fun"He replied.

"I don't want to have fun", I said, "I want to go home."

"Astrid I'm not gonna let you stay at home and cry. We are going to have some fun and you are going to enjoy yourself." He said, getting out of the car,"plus, you don't have a choice"He added"I got the keys!"

I rolled my eyes at him "I can't go anywhere like this."

He looked at me with a confused look, "wait here!" He said, runnjng off towards a store that said Calypso's closet!

After waiting for 15 minutes I had decided to go get him myself when he suddenly reappeared with a bag full of clothes.

"Sorry it took me so long", He said panting a bit, " the lady had to help me pick out some clothes for you"

He handed me the bag and walked away from the car to give me some privacy.

In the bag there was a blue crop top with a golden infinity sign, and some blue jean shorts, plus some gold sandlas to add some flavor to my look.

As I threw on the clothes I looked in the car mirror and redid my hair and wiped away my dripping mascara as best as I could.

Felling satisfied with my appearance I jumped out of car, and made my way towards Hiccup.

He looked up when he saw me and stared at me, which for some reason caused me to blush.

Get it together Astrid Hofferson, I thought, he's just a guy.Most importantly your best friend.

But even as my thoughts tried to get me back on track,I ignored them.

I knew I looked rough, but for Hiccup to look at me the way he was....well, how could a girl not appreciate that?

"Um Hiccup.." I prompted, causing him to blush.

"Um cmon.." he said, grabbing  my hand and pulling me forward.
I followed behind him happily anticipating the night.

A/n: What it the up? I know you guys enjoyed those Hiccsrrid moments,(wink wink)and I gonna tell you that there are more on the way!

Special thanks to my bff @luvtoread_write for helping my plot along and helping her indecisive best friend pick the perfect scenario!♥♥♥